Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got an upcoming game with a pent engine wicth hunters army (im trying out blood angels) heys my list please feel free to tell that my list is horriable
1200 points
HQ
Reclusiarch W infurnase pistol
elites
...brother corbulo
Troops
tatical squad 10 strong 1 meltagun DT land raider redeemer w multi melta
tatical squad 10 strong heavy bolter (objective holders)
scout squad 5 strong W heavy bolter( either scouting or another objective holder)
Heavy surport
Devastor W 2 missiles 2 lascannons
Devastor W 4missiles
keep in mind he has at least 2 squads of pent engines and no faith points he use is storm troopers or somthing gaurd for troops my plan is tacial 1 with my HQ and brother corbulo in the land raider moving up and taking out any guard im going to move flat out fire multi melta hopefully blow up guard transport then have my DEVS fire at pent engines well thanks for reading

·
Registered
116 Posts
Reclusiarch W infurnase pistol
If he's running with tactical squad without special CC weapons his many rerolls are not used the best way.
brother corbulo
Maybe it's a matter of personal preferences, but I think Corbulo's two wounds, special non-power weapon, 2+ FNP and a reroll don't worth all the extra points. And he still dies after being hit with a powerfist, FNP or not.
tatical squad 10 strong 1 meltagun DT land raider redeemer w multi melta
You give them assault ramps, reclusiarch's rerolls, FNP and FC and you only take tactical marines? For lesser point cost you can take 10-man assault squad with 2 meltaguns. And why no special close combat weapons or no meltabombs here?

All in all, this list isn't too much Blood Angels' list. One sanguinary priest and one infernus pistol - nothing more differs it from vanilla list.
Where are fast Rhinos/Razorbacks, massed assault marines, army-wide FC/FNP and other cool stuff BA can do?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Take Assault Marines, probably 3 units of 10 with jump packs (fist & melta) in this list since you have very few tanks. Drop Corbulo for 2 jump pack priests to give your jump troops FNP, I am a fan of Corbulo (it is only really ever your own fault if you lose an IC like him to Instant Death, he only 'has' to be in BTB if you're charged so keep Priests simple & towards the back of the unit) but not in this list, he needs a ride you see.

Drop the Land Raider (a lone tank will last about 1 turn, AV14 or not) for a nice unit of Vanguard Vets, they can drop in & eliminate anything annoying. Either that or grab a Honour Guard & give them 3-4 melta guns, equally useful.

Take all missile launchers on the Devs, doubly so if you can get reliable melta in there (Honour Guard).

Librarians are better HQs unless you plan on running a more assaulty list.

Otherwise you could even swap C:BA for C:SMs & get more of a 'tactical' force?

Dallas

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
well finally people responded to this i dont have any assult marines im buying them soon i played a game with this list and i only lost one sgt and killed 1200 points of his stuff you sure this list wouldet work?

UPDATE: i found a cheap way for assault marines im buying grey hunters in two days if anyone wants to help me make a list send me a pm or somthing or just post it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay my first battle report the game went like this.

Okay you know my list so here were my oppents yes theres two of them

first a tyranid player
had somthing like this
Prime
warriors
2 squads of homer gaunts
1 squad of termagunts
one squad of geneslealers

the other space marine player had
pedo kantar
stern gaurd vets with combi meltas in rino perdo went in here
scout squad
tactical squad
dreadnaught with TL las

The game was C&C and deployment was picth battle. the terrian was mostly ruins but some imperial gaurd generators.I hade first turn
Turn 1
i set up tactical squad b and devs at my base where the generators were. well squad a in the land raider.
land raider moves flat out and fires ac at genestealers killing 4
Devs fire at dred blowing it up and rino is shuken.

the other players tried to fleet his stealers at me but fauild they fired everything at my LR killing nothing.

Turn 2
LR moves 6in to the homergaunts flamed half of them then ac the stealers leaving 2 alive.dev squad one kills all his warriors(SUCK ON THAT 5th ED) andhis rippers evently kill themselfs.squad b fires at homerguants and kills the rest.

There turn this rino moves towards his objective and unloads his vets and tyranid player fails every leadership test of and reverts to IB he fires his snipers at my dev squad and killed the sgt.

turn 3
i move my LR and flame the scouts killing them all and fire enouge shots to finish off the rest of tyranids.
he moves his vets close to his objective(the one the scouts use to be on)

turn 4 disembak from my LR moved onto his objective and fired at vets killing 2 LR fires ac and kills 2

he moved closer and fired his vets wounding 2+ rounds he wounded me 8 times i passed 7 armour saves then 1 FNP

turn 5 i moved myLR beside him and flamed them killing 4 my squad killed the rest game over he killed 16 points i killed 1200 and toke both objectives first battle report enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts