Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Drinker of tea...
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So this is my second Space Wolves project log. The first lost all it's photos due to a glitch and frankly I can't be bothered to go through 3 years worth of posts and replace them all, so I started this new one.

I currently have around 10,000 points of Scouring-era Space Wolves. They started off as 40k Wolves but I've added a lot of Heresy-era stuff so it's a bit of a mix... hence the Scouring-era (31st millenium) background.

I'll post up some pics of the rest of the army as I take them but for now I'll pic up where I left off, here are some pics of the Sky Claws I've just finished. I have a Wolf Guard and a Rune Priest with jump packs too.

Fictional character Miniature Figurine Warlord Squad

Fictional character Squad Miniature Games Warlord

Fictional character Squad Miniature Games Figurine

Army Troop Team Squad Military organization

Comments welcome

Rev

· Registered
865 Posts
Nice Assault marines, I like them since they are space wolfy but no ODing on all teh fur and fangs etc. Really really like the marine on the first pic on one knee just looks really badass! Cracking stuff as usual :D

· Registered
152 Posts
Those are epic but they should have been death company with that color scheme. Your blood splatter on them is really impressive.

· Drinker of tea...
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.

Below are some of the pictures of my army, which I took in February at Warhammer World, to show how it's looking at present. Since then I have added these sky claws, finished the terminators in the pictures and added two land speeders:

Metal Table Silver Fashion accessory Games

My army as it stands pretty much

Games Squad Miniature Team Troop

Some of my Wolf Guard

Troop Squad Miniature Team Strategy video game

A Lone Wolf standing among a sea of Grey Hunters. I basically kitted him out as if he had taken all the trophies and relic weapons from his brother pack members so he can take them all in to battle each time.

Army Games Miniature Team Squad

Another Lone Wolf (I admit that I stole this pose from a mini I saw in White Dwarf 358).

Games Miniature Fictional character Strategy video game Squad

Wolf Lord and his retinue.

Metal Auto part Groupset

Mass ranks of the company swarming around the captured Shadowsword. I have added some details to this tank since then. And added another 3 bikes to the Swift Claws.

Games Army Squad Miniature Strategy video game

My Thunderwolves. The Heresy-era terminators have been finished since this picture was taken too. I have another three Thunderwolves which need painting up (next on the list).

Games Strategy video game Collection Army Squad

Fictional character Games War machine Army Squad

So this is my Wolf Lord. He's kitted out with the same weapons as Grimnar so he's quick and easy to use in games. Originally he was Bjorn Stormwolf (hence the company markings), who is described as wearing terminator armour, so is a nice fit. But as this is now a Scouring-era army I need to find another name for him (maybe Kyrl Grimblood, mentioned in the 2nd Ed codex as being around in the 31st millenium...)

Strategy video game Crowd Games Miniature

This is a converted Ragnar Blackmane (which I have shown elsewhere in the past). I'm planning on doing another using the fine cast Gabriel Seth in the near future.

Rev

· Drinker of tea...
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thans again guys.

Oldman, I still have tons of old skool GW paints so the colours may not be relevent. For my purples I work up from Liche Purple to Tenticle Pink, then apply a Badab Black wash to provide shade, then a coat of Leviathan Purple wash to bring all the purples together and provide a smooth transition.

Hope that helps.

Rev

· Drinker of tea...
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, one of my plans is to go back and retro-fit details to the Wolves I've already painted. There's loads of things that have changed in my painting techniques since I started the army and I want to bring them all together. The bases do this on the whole, but the addition of blood and battle damage will also make them look more unified.

Today I have been adding blood to the chainswords of a squad of Blood Claws, and using a darker wash on thier faces to pick out the details.
Action figure Fictional character Army Toy Collection

Toy Fictional character Miniature Joint Action figure

Macro photography Plucked string instruments Fictional character String instrument Miniature

I have also finished sticking together my Sciuring-era Long Fangs. I don't have a particular love for either Mk3 or Mk4 armour (loving the Mk5 though) but I brought a set of each, plus those awesome looking heavy bolters from FW, and mixed them up with some Space Wolf pieces.

As I've said previously, I don't really like back banners as I think they are pretty impractical for a fast moving force that needs the element of surprise and the ability to move in confined spaces. However, I also have the image of a pagan army going in to battle with thier banners and flags propped on a hill behind them. So, adding my banners to my Long Fangs (which don't need either surprise or the ability to move in confined spaces) fits with this image.
Games Squad Miniature Military organization

I have also put the finishing touches to my Wolfy conversion of the Games Day 2012 miniature.
Scale model Miniature Fictional character Figurine

Let me know what you think.

Rev

· Closet Dictator
3,444 Posts
Thans again guys.

Oldman, I still have tons of old skool GW paints so the colours may not be relevent. For my purples I work up from Liche Purple to Tenticle Pink, then apply a Badab Black wash to provide shade, then a coat of Leviathan Purple wash to bring all the purples together and provide a smooth transition.

Hope that helps.

Rev
Does indeed I have all them colors, now to apply them hmmmmmm

· Drinker of tea...
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys,

So I finished 1 squad of long fangs. I've gone all out with these guys and added as much character and detail as possible.

I gave them white helmets (I like painting the helmets the same colour as the squad markings, so some of my Grey Hunters have red heads, Blood Claws yellow, etc) and I think it looks really good.

Squad Team Games Army Collection

Squad Miniature Troop Team

There's a mixture of Mk3, Mk4 and other bits from a number of kits in here.

Squad Troop Team Miniature Army

Troop Military organization Army Squad Grenadier

These guys all have the FW heavy bolters, which I absolutely love.
Mecha Toy Miniature Squad Machine

Squad Grenadier Miniature Team Figurine

Fictional character Miniature Figurine

They have the Storm Wolf as thier symbol so I've added lightning to some of the company markings.

Toy Action figure Miniature Fictional character Figurine

Let me know what you think.

Rev

· Registered
152 Posts
You make me jealous Rev your models are so clean. The posing and feeling that they give off is wonderful.

· Registered
1,404 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Gotta say I love the long fangs! Hell, all the stuff is amazing. The mash up with the armour types is executed very well.

The white helmets work really well too.

Keep up the awesome work! :victory:

· Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,078 Posts
Love the white helmets, they look great. I also especially like your snow bases. This guy here was asking for advice on them awhile back, maybe you'd like to share some tips.

Be nice to see some pics of that Shadowsword as well. Always like seeing SM Superheavy's.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.