Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what other people do to bloody up their miniatures.

I personally start with a drybrush of scab red to indicate where the blood has dried or soaked into clothing, then layer up red gore and blood red over the site of the wound. If it's open to the flesh, I'll highlight with probably an elf flesh followed by a fairly thin layer of elf flesh and red gore in a 80:20 mix, then washed with ogryn flesh to blend it back to the rest of the skin.

For fresh blood, either on the base or dripping down a model, I mix in one brush's worth of blood red into a dollop (1-2ml) of water effects, and then judiciously apply.

For falling blood drops, I'll try to find a fairly innocuous looking hair (just wait till I go grey) and put the bloody water effects on that at the length I need it. This does tend to bend the hair, so I haven't yet figured out how to do a 'spray' of blood yet.

What do you other heretics do to show the wear and tear of combat?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
for dried and old blood, i use ged gore, then wipe it away before it dries. creates almost a 'coffee ring' of blood effect. useful for a poorly kept sword (used on my ogre bull converted to ogryns)

for blood spray i flick scab red from a brush around the desired area, then flick more in a central area of blood red

for chunky gore (or giblets) i mix some moddeling sand with scab red, dry bruah with red gore, then drybrush of blood red.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts