Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While putting together a new Chaos Marine list to try out, I came across old Kharn's Blessing of the Blood God rule again.

Kharn and his unit always pass their Deny the Witch rolls on a 2+
Since in the 7th Edition any psychic power that is cast can attempt to be denied, does this mean that Kharn can cancel every psychic power my opponent attempts to cast on a 2+?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Since in the 7th Edition any psychic power that is cast can attempt to be denied, does this mean that Kharn can cancel every psychic power my opponent attempts to cast on a 2+?
The way I interpret it, it applies as such:

- On offensive spells (witchfires, malediction, etc.) that target him and his unit, he denies on a 2+. That means he still needs to roll the same amount of 2's as the warpcharge cost of the spell used against him. (Example; I cast a Warpcharge 3 spell against him and succeed. He then needs to roll 3 2's to deny it)

- On blessings, it is stated in the rules (not at home at the moment, so can't give a direct page-number unfortunately) that any bonuses are non-applicable. So he only denies those on a 6+.

I might be wrong though - But any passive bonuses to Deny the Witch is interpreted thus in my game group at least.

·
Registered
773 Posts
As above said. Only if the power is targeting that person or unit will he get the 2+s

Unlike units with adamantine will.
Though the one you need to look at is in the daemon codex :)
Collar of Khorne : A unit containing 1 of more models with the Collar of Khorne has a +2 to all bonus to all Deny the Witch rolls. So as long as you have Khorne Dogs you are Denying on 4+ all the time :)

Try to combine a Adamantine Will with Khorne Dogs and it would make life fun.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Unlike units with adamantine will.
Though the one you need to look at is in the daemon codex
Collar of Khorne : A unit containing 1 of more models with the Collar of Khorne has a +2 to all bonus to all Deny the Witch rolls. So as long as you have Khorne Dogs you are Denying on 4+ all the time

Try to combine a Adamantine Will with Khorne Dogs and it would make life fun.
Doesn't it specifically state in the "Deny the Witch" section that modifiers such as Adamantine Will, Psyker levels and other bonus does never apply to blessings?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Blessing and the like can't be changed at all. So it stays at a 6+. But on maledictions and witch fires they can be reduced from a 6+ so a 5+ and so on. So Kharns would be a 2+ against maledictions and witchfires.

·
Registered
773 Posts
As nordicus said and something I had forgot, you can only use the bonuses on spells cast against your units.
And if none of your units were the target of the enemy’s psychic power but apply no modifiers to your dice rolls. I guess it doesn't care about that collar then... shame you just turned a win I had the other day in to a void game by pointing that one out :)
Though I guess it doesn't mention the collar as one of the bonuses it mentioned so it might still work... Khorne does like to eat any spells that are near him :) So maybe not...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts