Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g'day guys

what are peoples thoughts on this, we couldn't find anything in the rules. I was playing with a new group and they weren't sure so I introduced them to our house rules which are

if the blast ends up over the opened top bit, a small blast deals a D3 hits, a large blast deals a D6 hits and a barrage hits everything under the template but passengers only have to deal with double AP (example AP 4 becomes AP 8) and we same idea with templates except a D3 per flamer.

or if someone has read any different in the rules where it mentions open topped and blast, template and barrage could you let me know page references. as you can read the rule book numerous times and still miss things.

cheers
Woodzee

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
g'day guys

what are peoples thoughts on this, we couldn't find anything in the rules. I was playing with a new group and they weren't sure so I introduced them to our house rules which are

if the blast ends up over the opened top bit, a small blast deals a D3 hits, a large blast deals a D6 hits and a barrage hits everything under the template but passengers only have to deal with double AP (example AP 4 becomes AP 8) and we same idea with templates except a D3 per flamer.

or if someone has read any different in the rules where it mentions open topped and blast, template and barrage could you let me know page references. as you can read the rule book numerous times and still miss things.

cheers
Woodzee
Don't have the book on me but look under Transports, Open-Topped. The rule you are looking for is "Nowhere to run/Hide" or something like that. Think it is for templates only, don't know about blasts.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for that Moriouce yes it covers template weapons, and is called "no escape" in the USR section. but alas nothing for blasts either under the USR or any vehicles except saying hits on side. oh well I think we will just play our little side rule and change it the USR for the template.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
It certain is only for templates something to do with the flamer vs buildings rules. Its an interesting idea but in effect could end up being a complex idea which would add to the lenght of the game. Apart from that barrage used to have a bonus for armor penetratuon but not too sure on that anymore.

Only real thought would be involved in the partial or under hole of the blast effects if that would change anything.

But really if thats how you want to play go ahead, no one can stop you just enjoy the game how you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts