In the past few weeks I've managed to complete hundreds of components out of thousands of bits on plastic.
I have far outstripped my budget and my original ambition for this project.
Seen below is my first trial assembly of the corner Bastion with its corner pylons each of with consumed days of tedious assembly.
The trim bound by gum bands on the left contains 98 assembled strips each containing 8 bits of meticulously crafted styrene plastic.
On the right of the image is another bound bundle of trim 32 assembled strips each containing 6 bits of styrene.
I rebuilt the corner upper bastions to be more compact and began the upper gun mounts flanking the pylons.
I decided to take a break from the frantic pace and post an update while I regroup and begin completing the other 7 pylons and mounting them on the upper bastions.