Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
481 - 485 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Breach plate:

for lack of a better name....

This will also serve as the balance point of the weapon because the barrels and muzzle will cause the cannon to be front heavy

I'm very much concerned about the topheavyness of the model.

Not that it can't be built and stand properly but I would also like to keep the model fully poseable.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
A Round a Minute!

I was listening to Youtube whilst gluing the support mechanism for these rotating barrels. To the recount of the battle in the Denmark Straits to be precise.

towards the end of the narrative a fact was brought home to me so that I had to listen to it again.

The whole battle took about 15 Minutes!!!

Depending on the ship, 10 to 14 rounds were fired; about a salvo a minute....according to the narrator.

Now my Gatling gun has six barrels rotating loading cartridges, not shells and bags of propellant. Plus these guns had to be retrained on the targets as the ships maneuvered.

Amazing!

Back to business:

I'll spare you the tedium of the gluing and sanding...

[

and cut to the chase

The finished assembly

And a closeup.

·
Closet Dictator
3,439 Posts
Looking great! As to the naval battle you reference, battle ships are mind boggling pieces of engineering, no wonder they cost so much, if you haven't heard of them there are 2 great youtube channels, "the battle ship new Jersey" and "Drachenifel" a great source of history and technical info on these incredible vessels

481 - 485 of 485 Posts