Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wonder if termies are good at all seriously they seem to mostly get in the way and are easy to avoid as long as you keep outof range :ireful2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
they are more equiped for close combat so if you want to destroy them you get close

·
Registered
202 Posts
I built a Templar army for a friend and it is very effective.

The first thing I would suggest is to take full crusader squads with no transport, the Templars can move across the field very quickly.

Templars don't really have much as far as anti-tank goes so Preds should become you're best friends. I've also found that Land Speeders help in this role.

Templar Termies with a Termie Chaplain can be very deadly (I know that is a oxy-moron) more so than most other chapters.

Hopes this helps some.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I like droppods, its good to keep at least one crusader squad in a droppod to plummet in, this is especially good at hurting Tau.

they do have a lack of sergents, but by adding a chaplain to the squad you make them automatically pass their morale check to surge forward, plus he comes with a crusader seal so the whole squad can reroll (keep in mind that an independant character confers this ability to a squad he is attached to)

·
Banned
801 Posts
I had a huge guide for templars on the old site, but I can't find it and don't really have the time to write it again.

CCW terminators should be stuck with a Chaplain in a Land Raider Crusader in a mechanised list, and never be the only vehicle.

Shootan terminators should be treated like tougher shootier Sword Brethren.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I'd get termies with assault cannons and deploy them on the ground. Have them walk forwards shooting stuff and if the enemy shoots them back they speed up. Put a chaplain with them if you like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts