Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the WIP shots of my Neophytes for my Black Templars. My thinking behind them is that seeing as they are in the mix of battle with their fellow brothers they would be wearing helmets similar to their brothers. What I did was modify some SM helmets to shave the sides off of it, fitting into a knight style helm, looking almost medieval. Let me know what you guys think, or any ideas on them. I have some clean up of old green stuff near a few helmets, just gotta find all my tools. These were done before I took my break from gaming.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Interesting idea, I look forward to seeing more as you progress :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took some of the extra space marine helmets I had sitting around and shaved the sides off of them and did some sanding to try to smooth it out. I also used some of the green stuff on the one that is started painted and filled in the front.

I got some more painted on them but I need to get some more colors, browns etc to work on the bags/pouch's. Working on getting 1 of them done as I also work on a few of the terminators I have. I will try to take some more pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
well the helmets seem to work just fine,,although you need to thin down your paints and apply more thinner coats and youll be fine,

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
just water does the trick. some people use alcohol some use proper thinners mediums...its really a personal preference

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Yeah, I normally just use a tiny dab of water depending on the paint itself :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I found all of my old miniatures, including my forgeworld Venerable Dread. I'm working on that tonight I think. I will post some pictures as I get stuff done. Between that and some terminators at least. Too many ideas to work on at once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts