Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...s.jsp?catId=cat1400013&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

The lonely BT tab under Space Marines is now empty. Doing a "Black Templar" search will locate their Codex, the old metal shoulder pads, a Drop Pod, DftS, and the Helsreach novel. A glance through other armies shows that nothing else is missing, only BT. For all intents and purposes, the average consumer is no longer able to purchase their army-specific models; ie Helbrecht, Grimaldus, Emperor's Champion, Sword Brethern, and the Chapter Upgrade.

Im sorry all my Black and White brothers, but it looks like we've been Squatted.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I doubt they've been squatted. Rolled under the generic Space Marine banner or missing due to a site error maybe, but not squatted. You can't really "squat" a Marine Chapter as there is always a way to play them.

EDIT: I'm emailing customer service for an explanation. I'll share whatever I get back.

Double EDIT: Just a couple of thoughts I had while hitting 'send' on that email:

1. If the Black Templars go away as their own thing, why is the codex still available? Something about that strikes me as odd.
2. We might be seeing a re-boxing into a more reasonable kit.
3. Maybe BT will be getting a wave release soon and this was part of it but occurred too soon (as it'd have to be NEXT Saturday at the soonest due to Tau this Sat).
4. We might be seeing an error due to the website team tinkering with the site. If they use Java it's pretty easy to accidentally break, and alternatively they may have had to reorganize the site and it's not done yet.
5. It's too early to panic. I'm sure we'll see a lot more about this soon if there is anything to make of this.

Well email is sent and between the Customer Service Team, it possibly returning later and the rumour mongers getting us some answers we should know by Saturday (here in the states at least) at the latest what's going on I think.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Thank you for contacting GW customer services, we appreciate your inquiry but unfortunately don't actually give enough of a crap to let you know what the answer is. Please feel free to spend as much money with us as you possibly can, you can contact our customer services department as often as you like to ask questions we will not answer.
That's my prediction.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I wrote a letter on behalf of a few members a while back asking some questions that people wanted answers to, the letter back was more than I expected but didn't really answer many questions at all.
I remember that, but I don't recall that be aimed at customer service, in fact I believe that was an actual letter.

Anyways not all the BT stuff is missing, on the Finecast page you can find the Emperor's Champ, the Sword Brethren and Helbrecht. Grimaldus seems to be missing though.

EDIT: The upgrade kit is floating about too. I'm thinking more and more that the page just broke.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
In the past when kits disappeared or got shifted around it was the sign of a new release. The last few codexes have seen relatively seemless changes. But I recall from Necrons that almost the entire range vanished for about a week before the 5th Ed codex released. Most of it was because they went from metal to plastic kits. But in the case of Warriors and the Monolith, it was just a new box. So probably just house cleaning, not squatting.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I heard that they have defected to North Korea
Ah ha ! that must be those "hi tech weapons" that Kim Flung One Dung Hung Lung was threatening us all with!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ah ha ! that must be those "hi tech weapons" that Kim Flung One Dung Hung Lung was threatening us all with!
I'm preying South Korea get hold of a Squig Gobber, that should solve everything

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I'm preying South Korea get hold of a Squig Gobber, that should solve everything
nah we'll just get GeeDub to do a quick Codex rewrite and nerf them then NK will just nerd rage quit.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
i think its mearly a case that someone has cocked up the code and they have dropped out of the usual place, but hey thats just too simple when you can fill your torch with oil and sharpen the points on your fork and book a ticket to Nottingham.
I can tell you first hand that when you have a huge online catalogue of products sometimes stuff gets mixed up, missed and forgotten. If any army was going to get squatted it would be the sisters of battle as they are the ones who need the most work, templars are just gravy for GW, they use all the vannilla sprues and kits, they are a perfect entry level army for new players as they are black so easy to paint and easy to identify with and they really wont need much doing to them to bring them into 6th edition, not to mention they are really really really popular in terms of sales.

keep calm and put the pitch fork away

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Theres been a lot of "website cockup" going around as this news has circulated, however I find it very odd that one of the two armies whos fate hangs in the balance just disappears overnight. Its definitely a sign of something, good or bad.

I did just discover that GW is no longer blocked at work so.....theres that :grin:

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
My money is on cock up as it seems the online shopping cart has exploded now too

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Theres been a lot of "website cockup" going around as this news has circulated, however I find it very odd that one of the two armies whos fate hangs in the balance just disappears overnight. Its definitely a sign of something, good or bad.

I did just discover that GW is no longer blocked at work so.....theres that :grin:
what are you talking about, no armies fate is in the balance, GW have only ever got rid of one army and at the time it was the right thing to do, the squats were a poor army, they had almost no models, no fluff, the concept was rubbish and since there demise GW have added 4 armies, squats never had a codex, infact it was so long ago codexes didnt even exist. 40K has done nothing but grow since they got rid of the squats.The only thing putting Templars fate in the Balance is the internet community's misplaced paranoia.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts