Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing, after a long time with my BT's against Orks and, unfortunately loosing (although it was a very funny game) I checked that one of the biggest weaknesses of my army was playing against hordes.
So I decided to change my actual army and try another combination:

HQ
Marshall
Terminator armour
Orbe of Antioch
Power Weapon
Command Squadof 6 Terminators, one with powerclaws, one with assault cannon (Total of about 400 pts)

Chaplain
Art. Armour
Orbe of Antioch
Reclusiam Squad of 5 marines, 1 apothecary, company champion, sergeant with power weapon (ca 320 pts)

Emperors champion, voeu???, 90pts+???

Elite

5 Swordbretheren, 1 with power claws, with a power weapon, 125 pts

1 Dread with twinlinked Lascanons and a rocketlauncher, 145 pts

1 Dread with assault canon, 115 pts

Troops

8 Marines, close combat weapons, 1 power weapon, 143 pts

idem, 143 pts

idem, 143 pts

6 Marines, Bolters and RL, 106pts

idem, 106 pts

Fast

6 Jumpers, 1 power Weapon and Meltabombs, 159pts

Support

1 Predator with heavy Bolters, 125 pts

1 Land Raider Crusader, 265 pts

Transport

2 Rhinos, 100 pts

I don't know if the army is powerful enough for a battle on 2,5k points, main problem is in my opinion that i maybe don't have enough transports (wish they would also only cost 35 points :))

So, what do you think about the army, what would you change?

Thank you in advance;

·
Registered
304 Posts
The best wow is always '' accept any challenga no matter the odds '' the army wide preferred enemy gives you a significant combat edge.

Otherwise my knowledge is a little lacking here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also the predator you listed should have lascannon sponsons for the cost you wrote down other than that u need alot more transports you will only get shot as you walk across the field and more mobile foes ie orks will more often than not get the charge in.More transports in place of some of those exspensive command units might be a way to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Draenus: I was also thinking about this, but my only problem is that I don't really know which commander I should delete. I was thinking about just to delete the Chaplains reclusiam squad and saving then nearly 160 points. the chaplain could then fit in the troop of the swordbretheren.
Usually I use my Emprerors Champion to help them, or playing against the orks it was a mistake .

In the 10 years I'm playing now I used to play against chaos space marines, necrons and tyranids (once against IG) an was focused on Warhammer Battle.

But thank you for your fast reply, i will try to delete the reclusiam squad and adding 2more rhinos and maybe fill my troops to 10 marines. The whole army would be mobile

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thats the way to go with templars these days i have a thread near this one "Workable Templars" i know its only 1750 but i think thats what templars should aim to do which to be fair you are nearly there after the 2 rhinos you add.You might also want to try getting 30 ponts to throw meltas into your combat initiate squads then you can hop out of a stationary rhino blow a transport with the melta and charge the contents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, a combination I wasn't thinking about. I thought they could only fire with Bolters out of the Rhino.
I read your thread today and was trying to fit some ideas in my Templar list.
Would be nice if the rhinos would also cost the same as the ones in the "regular" Marines Codex ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But I think with the actual BT Codex it is still good playing. Although we pay more for the rhinos and razorbacks, the orbe is, in my opinion a good advantage.

I think I will buy some rhinos or razorbacks on the germain Games Day, so pics of my completed army will be posted in octobre :)

All in all I want to thank for the tipps :eek:k:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes black templars are still very much a workable army basicly slightly more exspensive but capapble of close combat without termies.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ya dood go with accept any challenge no matter the odds so you get preferred enemy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts