Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, Hi, this is my first proper attempt at a black Templars army, and any feedback is
definitely welcome.
What I was most concerned about with this army is its low number of scoring units and lack of anti-tank, and I am wondering if taking 3 land-raiders might be (cool) a bit excessive.

My usual opponents are Mechanized Guard, and plague-marines in rhinos.

HQ
CHAPLAIN GRIMALDUS 195

EMPEROR'S CHAMPION 140
accept any challenge, no matter the odds

ELITES
DREADNOUGHT 124
assault cannon
extra armour
missile launcher
smoke

SWORD BRETHEREN TERMINATORS (5) 293
assault cannon
chainfist
cyclone missile-launcher
tank hunters

TROOPS
CRUSADER SQUAD (10) 499
meltagun
powerfist
cc & bp
LAND RAIDER CRUSADER
hunter-killer
smoke

CRUSADER SQUAD (10) 499
meltagun
powerfist
cc & bp
LAND RAIDER CRUSADER
hunter-killer
smoke

CRUSADER SQUAD (10) 499
meltagun
powerfist
cc & bp
LAND RAIDER CRUSADER
hunter-killer
searchlight
smoke

FAST ATTACK
LAND SPEEDER SQUADRON 85
Land Speeder Typhoon
multi-melta
typhoon missile-launcher

LAND SPEEDER SQUADRON 85
Land Speeder Typhoon
multi-melta
typhoon missile-launcher

LAND SPEEDER SQUADRON 85
Land Speeder Typhoon
multi-melta
typhoon missile-launcher

The basic idea is that the land raiders will haul my troops to a place where the purging can begin, while the land speeders mash any threats to my land raider (I.E predators) and if there are none then destroy enemy transports.

The dreadnought is there to kill untransported infantry and HQ units,
and the terminators are there to crack open transports and murder the contents.

I'm not a particularly competitive player generally but most of my previous armies such as my imperial guard have sucked.:headbutt:
So in short I want to see my opponents expression :shok: when I bring three land raiders, and then I want to massacre their army.

For the Emperor!

·
Registered
564 Posts
one thing i think you should look at doing is swapping your Chaplain out for Grimuldas especially at this many points what he will bring for you is alot better than your standard chaplain and he is only 24 points more. also is the chaplain riding in one of the LRC's? i would tend to drop the hunter killer missiles and possibly the searchlights, this would give you the points required to get Grimaldus.

also with your land speeders possibly look at splitting them into 3 independant units giving you a bit more versatility to harrass different targets.

but yeah apart from that, nothing says "how ya goin" like 3 Land Raider Crusaders full of marines.except if you could fit in a fourth :biggrin:

No Pity, No Remorse, No fear

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Good ideas. I think I will add Grimaldus, but I have a question: can he join squads with his servitors? I know he's an independent character but if he joins a unit do the servitors join too or what?

·
Registered
564 Posts
yes Grimaldus's servitors most certainly do and they give that unit an extra +3 to the zeal movement. bare in mind though that the servitors will take up spaces inside your LRC. so you will basically need 4 spots in a LRC if you want to put Grimaldus in one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well this is actually a really nice list but there's a couple things I would change, but it's just a personal preference I would drop accept any challenge and take abhor the witch, with that said deal free's you up 30 points.

So with the extra points take blessed hull and put it on the Land Raider that chaplain will ride.

So now what this does is allow you to screw lance type weapons on your chappys crusader.

Well that's my two cents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that would be a great Idea against Dark Eldar/Eldar/Grey knights, but my usual opponents use only one psyker max.

As for blessed hull, I've never even seen any of my opponents use lance weapons I don't think (not that I remember.)

If I ever play a game where I know I'll be playing Eldar/Grey knights I may use this list though, so thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts