Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment I'm currently putting bits together to make a custom look Black Templar Assault Jet-Pack Squad.

I've got the bits from the Sanguinary Guard pack for mainly legs, weapons, and jet-packs w/ wings. Also looking into Black Templar upgrade torsos and single-handed bolters (w/ chains wrapped around).

No pics yet, but once I start constructing the bits I'll list the colour scheme I'm going for and what bits I'll be splicing.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
just a tip for the future mate - there is no point in posting a thread like this without any pictures. You will get more responses, and quicker responses, which photos put in the thread the first time you post.

Just a helpful hint :victory:

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Ultra is right... I was sadened greatly to see no pictures. however I do like the idea and wanna see some so get cracken!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cheers of the tip mate :eek:k:

I was a bit excited so I posted the thread before I took pics. I've started customizing the Sanguinary Guard legs though, taken the charms off and filed down the lumps so they look more general. As for the blood drops on the calf's and thighs, I need to find a craft knife - my current one is a hand-me-down and is blunt to the point where sharpening it is taking too much time.

My modded legs
Original Sanguinary Legs - for comparison

Progress is gonna be a little slow at first, but when i've got all the bits pics should pick up a bit.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I know what you mean, we all get a bit too excited sometimes lol.

Looking good so far. Knifes aren't expensive or hard to get really. Looking forward to see these guys assembled and painted :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Managed to find a relatively cheap craft knife - works really well. So started modding the legs mainly.

Also been looking into colour scheme. I've got a couple ideas but was wondering if people had suggestions. So far I've thought of using Shining Gold mixed with Chaos Black (mix ratio of Black 1:2 Gold), and Boltgun Metal mixed with Shining Gold (mix ration of 1:1).

[picture uploader having some trouble accepting the pics so I'll get some pics of the colour mixes up asap]

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Managed to find a relatively cheap craft knife - works really well. So started modding the legs mainly.

Also been looking into colour scheme. I've got a couple ideas but was wondering if people had suggestions. So far I've thought of using Shining Gold mixed with Chaos Black (mix ratio of Black 1:2 Gold), and Boltgun Metal mixed with Shining Gold (mix ration of 1:1).

[picture uploader having some trouble accepting the pics so I'll get some pics of the colour mixes up asap]
Gold – Undercoat Chaos Black
Basecoat Scorched Brown
Light layer of 50/50 dwarf bronze and shining gold
Light drybrush of shining gold
Wash of Devlan Mud

Thats how I paint gold personally, gives it such a nice effect I think personally. You can skip the scorched brown basecoat and go straight to a dwarf bronze/shining gold basecoat if you wish though.

Get those pics up! :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Another option would be this:

Over Chaos Black undercoat:

Shining Gold base (a few thin layers)
Devlan Mud (light)
Burnished Gold midtone (again, thin layers)
Gryphonne Sepia (again, light, watered down a little even)
Mithril Silver (be sparing, only the finest edges get a highlight of this, and make them fine)

Keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gold – Undercoat Chaos Black
Basecoat Scorched Brown
Light layer of 50/50 dwarf bronze and shining gold
Light drybrush of shining gold
Wash of Devlan Mud

Thats how I paint gold personally, gives it such a nice effect I think personally. You can skip the scorched brown basecoat and go straight to a dwarf bronze/shining gold basecoat if you wish though.

Get those pics up! :)
Another option would be this:

Over Chaos Black undercoat:

Shining Gold base (a few thin layers)
Devlan Mud (light)
Burnished Gold midtone (again, thin layers)
Gryphonne Sepia (again, light, watered down a little even)
Mithril Silver (be sparing, only the finest edges get a highlight of this, and make them fine)

Keep up the good work :)
Cheers for the feedback guys. I'll try both techniques on some spare bits and see which one gives the desired colour I'm looking for. I'm trying to show that they're Black Templars with the darkness but retain the Sanguinary gold effect of angels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts