Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am doing this solely for a friend, as he is quite anxious about the huge changes to BT and is worried he wont be able to take a fluffy list that is going to be able to win occasionally.
So, I am going to proxy one of my other space marine armies for Templars and we are going to playtest a Templar vs Templar battle in the hope of proving that Templars are possible in fluffy 'n fun-with-an-eye-to-win builds.

I am thinking of going with bubble-wrapped Crusader Squads as troop choices, positioning Grimaldus and his squad of x3 servitors surrounded by x3 maxed out Crusader Squads of 20 a piece, giving all of them a 6++, fearless and most vitally Hatred for all those re-rolls in 1st round assault to a squad or two. Then i'll take two screening Vindicators for fire support and a nice str10 demolisher cannon distraction :)

HQ
Grimaldus w/x3 servitors

Command Squad w/x4 melta + Drop Pod

Troops:
Crusader Squad x20 (10-10) w/bp/ccws, sword brother, x1 flamer

Heavy Support

Stalker

Vindicator

Vindicator

Strategy:
Grimmy and servitors in middle of the Crusader Squads, for the Zealot 6" bubble, fearless and the 6++ save. Vindicators screen them.
Stalker self-explanatory.
Command Squad drops in turn 1 to deal with av14.

No idea if it will work or not really. But feel it's fluffy with short-ranged shooting only plus close combat crusaders.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts