Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Templars 1500

HQ

Emperors Champion - Black Sword, Armour of Faith, Terminator Honours, Crusader Seals, Frag grenades, bolt pistol, Abhor the Witch, Destroy the Witch. 110

Reclusiarch - Crozuis Arcanium, Rosaruis, Plasma Pistol, melta bombs, Terminator Honours 110

Troops

Crusader 1 - 8 initiates w/ccw and bolt pistol
1 initiate w/power fist and bolt pistol
1 initiate w/meltagun
10 neophytes w/bolt pistol and ccw 285

Crusader 2 - 8 initiates w/ccw and bolt pistol
1 initiate w/meltagun

Crusader 3 - 6 initiates - Lascannon, plasma gun, power fist bolt pistol 132
Crusader 4 - 6 initiates - Lascannon, plasma gun, power fist bolt pistol 132

Razorback - TL lascannon, extra armour 95

Fast Attack

Land Speeder - Assualt Cannon, Heavy Bolter 80

Heavy Support
Predator Destructor - Autocannon, Heavy Bolters 110

Any Comments?

The basic plan for this list is for each big crusader squad to be led by a character, who will footslog towards the enemy. As they consolidate forward when they take casualties, they get there a little quicker than they would normally.

The rest of the list is there for fire support.

·
Registered
94 Posts
only 1 thing i can see wrong with that list and thats the razorback so take that out and beef up your 2 little fire support squads

gris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well first the champion needs to have accept any challenge no matter the odds.Cause really thats the only vow worth it reroll on hits is better than a chance to avoid psyhic ablities cause really how many armys have them and the way your set up in cc youll get slaughtered with ou those rerolls.And dude pay the extra 100 points to have a lcr itll be much better for a bt force or even a norm lr.And if your worried about tanks take the fist out and trhow a launcher in every squad problem solved hope this helps.

·
Registered
361 Posts
1) You're a point under, actually @ 1499.

2) You can't have more neophytes in a squad than initiates. Fixing this at the end.

3) It's a bad vow for having 2x CC squads - go Accept any challenge, much more worth while, and being an old Codex we need to spend every point wisely.

4) I don't see a point in having power fists on squads 3 and 4; they're too small to stick in combat with a giant, and they have to much range to go go hunt specialized units. Dump.

5) Anti-heavy-tank is nearly non-existent. Unless you KNOW you're only going to be fighting horde Orcs, Guard or Nids, the set-up for the speeders is poor. Drop one, change out for MM's on the other two, and don't bother with the flamer addition - they are great anti-tank, but there is no chance you're actually going to close enough to use the flamers more than once, plus there is always something left to shoot with an MM.

Finish) You've got to drop 1 neophyte per first 2 squads and add an initiate to make it legal in the first place [-20, +32] as well as the pts difference b/w the vows [+30]. With the 140 pts from the speeder change and dropping the 2x p-fists, that means you have 98 pts left over, which happen to be just enough that you can grab an extra RzBck, giving you a total of 4 LasCannons and 2 MM for anti tank, which is better than what a lot of people bring to the table some days.

I also recommend dropping the extra armor from the RzBcks, as well as ditching the plasma pistol so you can upgrade the Chappy to a Master of Sanctity and buy him a frag grenade, thus he gives the grenade effect to the whole squad he's with. Also, the +1 to W, A, and leadership is soooo much better than extra armor on low priority vehicles and a random plasma gun.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Black Templars 1500

HQ

Emperors Champion - Black Sword, Armour of Faith, Terminator Honours, Crusader Seals, Frag grenades, bolt pistol, Abhor the Witch, Destroy the Witch. 110
Yeah, this guy needs Accept Any Challenge. It is far and away the best Vow available. Take it pretty much always.

Reclusiarch - Crozuis Arcanium, Rosaruis, Plasma Pistol, melta bombs, Terminator Honours 110
Haha, Grimaldus model, I take it? :) If so, might as well take the cenobyte servitors as they'll greatly assist you in getting to grips with your foes.

In fact, Chaplains with Cenobytes are so good I'd actually recommend taking two Chaplains with three Cenobytes each - one for each of your "close combat" Crusader squads.

Troops

Crusader 1 - 8 initiates w/ccw and bolt pistol
1 initiate w/meltagun
Perfect load out. Good work. :good:

Crusader 3 - 6 initiates - Lascannon, plasma gun, power fist bolt pistol 132
Crusader 4 - 6 initiates - Lascannon, plasma gun, power fist bolt pistol 132

Razorback - TL lascannon, extra armour 95
I'd suggest ditching the Razorback and one or both of these squads. Templars have really crappy fire support when it comes to infantry, so take a minimum of them. One isn't so bad so you have a third scoring unit, but I wouldn't go for more than that. Also don't bother with the power fist. Keep these as cheap as possible.

Fast Attack

These are nice. Most people prefer multi-meltas, but I actually like this load out.

Heavy Support
Predator Destructor - Autocannon, Heavy Bolters 110
This guy's gonna be awfully lonely (and dead) all by himself. Might be better to go with a Dreadnought or something as he can fend for himself a little better.

Best of luck.

Katie D

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
My thought for squads 3&4 would be to drop the plasma if you're using them as a platform to get a Lascannon. I'm assuming you'll drop them into terrain and let them shoot tanks and stuff all game... if so, then the Plasma is 30 points that could go elsewhere.

·
Registered
186 Posts
With crusader squad 3&4 you can't take a lascannon & a powerfist. It's one or the other, so u need to drop it, no huge loss as it is 30 pts that can go elsewheir. as far as anti tank goes u have verry little. If you drop one of the laz-backs u can get a tankhunting dread that has the capacity to blow up a land raider & will eat any thing else for lunch. Not to mention it can keep things away from the pred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts