Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Army Im using in the escalation league ive joined. The only problem i see in the forseeable future is my friend who has decided to make his army a Godzilla Nid army so if any has any advice on that it would be appreciated.

HQ
Reclusiarch-95

Emperor's Champion-140
Vow-Accept any Challenge, no matter the odds

Troops
Crusader Squad Pity-200
1x marine with power wep
9x with cc-bolt pistol
3x Neophytes

Crusader squad remorse-172
1x Marine with power fist and bolt pistol
4x Marines with Plasma cannon, Multimelta,lascannon, and heavy bolter

Crusader squad remorse-130
4x Marines with Plasma cannon, Multimelta,lascannon, and heavy bolter

Heavy Support
Land Raider Crusader-290
Blessed Hull
Extra Armor
Power of the Machine Spirit

Total-990

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
not sure i completely understand the list, can crusader squads have 4 hvy weapons. vs nidzilla lots of highstr high ap weapons to weaken them and powerfists in every squad to finish any off that reach your lines

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked my codex and it turns out your right im not allowed to have 4 hvy weps in a squad. So thx you

·
Registered
598 Posts
could you seperate the squads into troops, heavy etc, that will help me read it, considering im not really familiar with the catergories of BT

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
HQ Choice

Reclusiarch, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Bolt Pistol. 86pts

Emperor's Champion Artificer Armor, Terminator Honors, Purity Seals, Iron Halo, Master Crafted Bolt Pistol, and The Black Sword. 105pts

Elite

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Dreadnought Close combat arm, Storm Bolter, Venerable 125pts

Troops

Crusader Squad 14men, Bolt pistols & combat weapons, Power Weapon, Flamer,
4 Neophytes in scout armour, 10 Initiates in power armour 216pts

Crusader Squad 5men, Bolters, Plasma Cannon, 5 Neophytes 100pts

Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader Twin-Linked, Assault Cannon, Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolters 265pts

Predator Destructor, Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons 110pts
1007pts What about this one

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats the old emperors champiuon you've listed - the new one needs a vow.
If you're playing against nidzilla, forget accept any challenge, as it doesnt work vs monstrous creatures. I'd be inclined to take suffer not the unclean to live to help with hth wounding.

The rest of the list is up to you - power fists and meltaguns are the way forward in crusader squads - you want high str weapons with ap 2-3.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
HQ Choice

Reclusiarch, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, Bolt Pistol. 86pts

Emperor's Champion Artificer Armor, Terminator Honors, Purity Seals, Iron Halo, Master Crafted Bolt Pistol, and The Black Sword. 140pts
Elite

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Dreadnought Close combat arm, Storm Bolter, Venerable 125pts
Troops

Crusader Squad 14men, Bolt pistols & combat weapons, Power Weapon, Flamer,
4 Neophytes in scout armour, 10 Initiates in power armour 216pts

Crusader Squad 6men, Bolters, Plasma Cannon, 6 Neophytes 115pts
Heavy Support

Land Raider Crusader Twin-Linked, Assault Cannon, Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolters 265pts

Smoke Launchers, Extra Armor, Storm Bolter. 58pts
1005pts
sorry I frogot about that hows this list then?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't think this points value can be correct for a squad of 12 guys with a heavy weapon.
The Neophytes means the type of armour I have allocated to those men it means they have power armour so there are 6 Neophytes with a heavy weapon not 12 men

Sorry if my wording confused you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Um sorry if this question is silly. But I am new to BT, I have a small army of them but, can you even have a squad of only 6 neophytes? According to the codex you need to have Initiates to train them so you would need 1 initiate for every neophyte?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Um sorry if this question is silly. But I am new to BT, I have a small army of them but, can you even have a squad of only 6 neophytes? According to the codex you need to have Initiates to train them so you would need 1 initiate for every neophyte?
You need at least one initiate per neophyte.

On the main topic- what's with the Champion? He costs 90 points, and you get a vow.

You can't choose his wargear, only his vow, which you seem to be lacking Gore Hunter. Unless you're just listing all the stuff he's given? But you still don't have a vow there, and it's completely unnecessary. You don't need to put down "TL Assault Cannon, Hurricane bolters" etc for the LRC, because that's the default equipment. You only need to right down what costs points, and those are included.

And is Quade Gore Hunter? I'm just a little confused here since we seem to have gone from one to the other?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes i am confused as well- are those lists redrafts or just demos for the OP?

Anyway, for both those lists i'd say that a LRC in 1000 points isnt worth it, as you can have a predator anihilator with sponsons and 2 upgraded Rhinos for the cost of one LRC, and yes initiate squads can only have 1 heavy wep.

I am assuming this is meant to be an all armies list as you've joined a league and you want an all round list but able to deal with Nidzilla army when you play one. If this is the case, id recommend picking up a dreadnought (either assault or long range is good, as they work against any units and btoh work well against Nids as well). Id get two 5 man lascannon and plasma squads for firepower and nice and cheap at 101 each, and then a nice big crusade squad with P. fist and melta and a bunch of neophytes. Ahh stuff it ill just do a demo list:

HQ

Reclusiarch with storm bolter- 85 pts

Emperor's champion- 90 (changeable vow to suit enemy)

Elites

Venerable dreadnought with missile, lascannon and tank hunters - 165

Troops

10x initiates, 10x neophytes, melta, p. fist = 285

5x initiates, lascannon, plasma - 101

5x initiates, lascannon, plasma - 101

Heavy Support

Predator Destructor with heavy bolter sponsons, extra armour, smoke - 118

Total = 950, leaving 50 points open so you can choose whichever vow you like ! (if you choose a lower cost vow just give reclusiarch honours or better, upgrade him to a master of sanctity)

Theres a very shooty templar list that i think stays true to Quade's original idea.

·
Banned
67 Posts
why, dont u just cut 145 points of shooty and throw in an allied grand master, hes never failed at killing nidzilla armies for me, and u just make every one else shooty, and he walk up and kill the entire army, if covered right.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Ya... Neophytes can't have their own squad, they must be in a Crusader squad with no more of them than there is actual space marines.

The Emperor's Champion is Base 90 points, no upgrades (termi honours, etc) except for a vow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts