Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got some leave time coming up soon and gonna be getting straight back into the hobby and im looking to put together a Black Orc army purely for cool factor and the modelling and conversion oppertunities. Im looking too add an uber giant I want him armed to the teeth a real mean looking mofo heres some ideas i have so far i'd like to run by you see what you think.

Adding an Iron jaw from the 40k meganobz.

having these black shields strapped on him here and there for added armour http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/black_orcs_shield_1_large.jpg

a few arrows in him and his armour.

And making a huge scythe or axe weapon out of plasticard.

but my ideas sorta run dry after that so any help and opinions is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

JD :)

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Maybe add on some armour from other races to show that he's really tough/able to beat up other armies? Also add some spikes or pauldrons. Spikes/Pauldrons/Spiky Pauldrons are good.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
It would seem that the Bitsbox site is up for maintenance at the moment, thus your link does not work.

You could have the giant holding up the head of some huge monster like a High Elf Dragon or perhaps even another giant to show that he is dead 'ard. Oh and make sure that his weapon is much larger than it probably should be :wink:.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You could have him crawling with grots. And could have him carry cages full of past monsters/hero's he has slain in battle. I look forward to seeing the Giant and the army

Skar

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Basically, to make the Giant (Will he be a typical pink-skinned giant, or a truly giant Black Orc, with the black/green Orc coloring?) intimidating, think of what makes Black Orcs, and any "ded 'ard" unit look tough. Skulls from vanquished (or just squished) enemies, huge plated shoulderpads (Could be made from the artillery pieces of other armies), and so on.

Here's a few ideas that came to mind:
- A giant-sized flail/nunchuks made from Empire canons.
- "Shoulder pads" made from wagon/charriot wheels with assorted shields bolted on...
- He has an assorted nasty critter (Hydra/Griffon/HUGE Squig) as a pet on a chain...
- Assorted bannertop decorations as "kill bling"; Giant-sized jewelry...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts