Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked everywhere i can think of but have yet to find a tutorial on how to paint black orc armor. Yes i have seen black armor tutorials but mainly for stuff like space marines and the like. Black orcs are obviously bery different beings with a very different look. Im looking for a metalic black armor, that looks weathered and battle damaged. I can handle the dags and checkers and designs after, but i need the perfect base for those designs to pop like they should. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
For a real easy and quick way paint it the darkest metallic (Used to be boltgun metal not sure current name) then give it at least 2 coats of Nuln Oil it will darken a lot. You can then highlight the edges with boltgun/ chainmail

It won't be black, but dark metal colour

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up with a method very similar to this actually. Leadbelcher, followed by a wash of nuln oil, then agrax earthshade, edging highlitight of ironbreaker, and one last wash of nuln oil. For my regular boyz id skip the last wash so my black orcs have darker metal, and id probly do the ironbreaker highlight before the agrax wash so the wash can help soften the highlight a bit. But thank you for your suggestion, it got me started on the right track :) and the dark metal color is much better than black in my opinion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts