Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I uploaded pic same way as usual. Not sure if it's just you but link to pic is correct and should work.

Nm it must be on my pc i see them clear enough on my laptop.

Overall looking great, really got the pose nice and true to the pic cant wait to see that bad boy painted :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hi guys. I am sorry for the delay but I was quite stuck with that Centurion. First step was to turn him into Black Lion which took me week or so to figure out. I added usual stuff as fur and lion icons but I was unsure what to do with helmet. As I read through Descent of Angels I decided to make more knightly look and slightly converted helmet.
But model was still incomplete as I cut off ammo cases for heavy bolters. I wanted ammo belts but I didnt't find any good on the net so I had to make one. It's not perfect but he definitely looks more badass (still wondering why GW didn't go with this option). So here I present you first Centurion model, Brother Sarn. Enjoy.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Those ammo belts make much more sense, and look way better. Well done. They do seem to be going nowhere though. If you remounted the ammo boxes back there it might make more sense.

Did you use some sort of press mold for the shoulder markings? They look very nice indeed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Those ammo belts make much more sense, and look way better. Well done. They do seem to be going nowhere though. If you remounted the ammo boxes back there it might make more sense.

Did you use some sort of press mold for the shoulder markings? They look very nice indeed.
Those belts actually go to back same way as original cables. I like the idea you mentioned but there is little space for ammo boxes and it'd need more radical conversion. But I save this idea for another one.

I use Instant mold and I used same part on dread's right knee pad.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That is a boss Centurion Conversion. Almost makes me want to pick up the models...too bad they do not fit into my army.
Everything goes as planned :biggrin:

Because here is more hate than love for Centurions, I am making personal challenge to convert these sons of Emperor for my Black Lions chapter so people can say: "Hey, I actually like Entarion's conversion. They are not that bad."
Wait for sergeant model eviltwin :p Anyway, Centurions are made for great conversions. After all, they are just big space marines, aren't they ?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Wait for sergeant model eviltwin Anyway, Centurions are made for great conversions.
As a modeler, I want to pick some up because they look like a great canvas for conversions. However, my Space Marines are White Scar based and Centurions just do not fit my tactics/aesthetics.

Once I clear up some of my hobby backlog, my Empire WFB army and a few Space Marine and Harlequin projects, I am thinking about doing a allied "deathwatch" marine force to add elements to my army that I wouldn't field otherwise.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Hello Heretics,
apart from my BFG Plog, I have also decided to continue with my SM army.
For easy start I am choosing my most favourite model - Termie-Chaplain. It is one of my first models so paint is quite bad.

Chaplains are honoured individuals in Black Lions chapter so let's give the old man proper look with some conversion and new paint.

As an extra I own two squads of GK allies and I painted three termies few years back. Behold the veterans of Archaenologos!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
So what's next for Black Lions. There is really a lot to do and hopefully I'll keep my positive mood to do it all. But now it's scouts turn.
As I posted before they are mostly veterans. Think of them as Lone Wolves. Battle hardened individuals acting as spec ops units.

Because my marines are currently fighting in the ruins of the city I decided to make urban/dirty camo. To break monotone colours I used red to paint weapons. But still everything is very dark as it should be for hidding scouts. You can see one fully painted scout below.
For heads I'll use some bare ones from new kits and maybe, but just maybe, I might add some head cloaks.

Camo is very simple. Base coat with white skull, then bleached bone (yes, I am still using some old colours!) Spots are done with dark brown, grey and white.

Coats and clothing then get 3 layers od devlan mud. It's still very WiP as I will add highlight and worn look.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Pictures aren't working for me :(

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
The last couple of posts :(

41 - 60 of 112 Posts