Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of things about the Warhammer 40000 books from the black library, both in these forums and out of them. Basically, what I want to know is are they any good? I know that licenced books are generally not likely to be any good (I have a friend who reads the Halo novelisations.... *shudder*), but for a game with such good fluff it stands to reason that they'd be ok.

Has anyone read them? If so, would you recommend them? (It would help if you also mentioned what sort of books you like to read normally, so I can get an idea of whether you're into the same stuff as me)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
the black library book are generaly very good it depends on the authors the only ones to really avoid are the c s goto books his eldar prophesy book is the only book that i stopped reading half way through and ive only ever done that once before and i read a lot of books, as to what i normally read i have nearly all the black library books as well as robert jordan, david gemmell terry pratchett and the forgotten realms books by r a salvatore hope this helps, in my opinion the best black library books are by dan abnett and sandy mitchell

·
Registered
0 Posts
The Horus Heresey series was good as well and I read on the lines of neilbatte for authors (almost identical actually).

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Horus Heresy and Gaunts Ghosts. Both seris are great, and any books by Dan Abnett no matter what they are about are generally very very good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Eisenhorn series was my favorite with Horus Heresy series comming in at a close second.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts