Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys and gals, this comes from Heresy's very own Commissar Ploss from our brand new blog front, Hersy Network News. Be sure to check it out by clicking the 'Home' button at the top of the page.

Commissar Ploss said:
Hey everyone!

Commissar Ploss here bringing you another Heresy-Online exclusive!
It has been leaked to me, through my contacts at the Black Library/Games Workshop that the Black Library will be releasing, in audio CD format, an abridged version of the Horus Heresy book Horus Rising.
Its scheduled release is December 2010

With this information, it brings to question whether or not they will continue to do the whole Horus Heresy series on audio CD or not? Along side such independent titles such as the upcoming Fireborn by Nick Kyme, Waiting Death by Steve Lyons, Heart of Rage by James Swallow, and Thunder From Fenris again by Nick Kyme, it should fit right in.

Although, i must say, i’m sure some of you who enjoyed Horus Rising in its paperback form, will probably be deterred due to the “abridged” nature of the CD, however, for those of you who haven’t read anything from the Horus Heresy series, this audio CD will be a great introduction.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information regarding its release in the Black Library Fiction section of the Heresy-Online Forums.

I’ll post more information when i get it.

cheers all!

Commissar Ploss

·
Super Moderator
2,998 Posts
Hmmm, I guess I understand why they would release an already paperback in audio CD (so those with difficulties reading the novel for whatever reason can still enjoy it), that mkaes sense. But I can't see why they released the audio one only (raven's flight?) with no book. Personally, I hate audio books, I'd much rather read it. It seems a little daft that there is no hard copy.

But I'm sure this news will make some people happy, and that's all that matters :eek:k:

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Maybe sales of Horus Rising have slowed so they are trying another angle to get more people to buy and read it. If you buy horus rising in my expereince the rest of the series will follow

·
Registered
40 Posts
Those books are amazing, but I guess the hype has died down, I've been holding my breath for Prospero Burns, not happening for a while though, which is a shame, can't be helped though I guess. The fact that the novels are being shortened for the audiobooks is a little offputting though, how much will they cut out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts