Discussion Starter #22

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Let's... agree to disagree on Vengeful Spirit. I found it to be a slightly above-average read. It had enjoyable parts (including two excellent battle scenes, starring the Sons of Horus) and some very well-written characters (Graham did a terrific job with Little Horus Aximand). On the other hand, there was also a good deal of contrived action and several wasted plot hooks. It also suffered from a secondary angle that felt like a forced effort to keep the Knights Errant in the readers' minds. I didn't regret reading Vengeful Spirit by any means, but it's not a memorable book - in my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fantastic review Lord of Night - but the problem is the Glottkin campaign book is different from Wraights novel :shok:
Check the fate of Glottkin; Mundvard; Louen and last Franz battle - wtf? It ruins the fething emmersion

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
364 Posts
Special request to Lord of the Night - could you please explain your criteria then you review a novel? Because i can't comprehend your almost 9 of 10 for the 'Deathfire'
Let me explain to you why - and i really wonna know - on which basis you reviewed it.

i'm truly sorry, but i'm unable to give any credibility to your review. It is written by a fanboy to get an early book, or I don't know what for, because any sane man can't like that piece of trash, that is called 'Deathfire'. Clusterfuck of the biggest proportion from Nick Kyme yet - and if I thought before, that 'Vulkan Lives' is bad, now i know what it means - the bottom of the abyss.
'Vulkan Lives' and stupid desisions is what rule that book from the start. Actions scenes are bland and wooden; book plot uninspired; all the Odyssey line is horrible as ...k. Especially with 'Yeah we got to Terra' - fuck terra we need to go to Nocturne, let's jump into the hellscape again! Glories!
Villains are such a clowns that you can't even appreciate them seriously.
One additional mentioning deserve editors and author himself for a lot of crack being used, then writing and approving the scene on Nocturne with SM burning Life-eater virus with FUCKING FLAMERS! Do you approve that Lord? Really? You think that writing is going accordingly with logic?
If i ever wasn't agreeing with you - is about that book. THAT THE MOST HORRIBLE HORUS HERESY NOVEL TO DATE. Even Battle for the Abyss is a masterpiece - comparing to that.
Plus the biggest crap of an ending - PRIMARCH IS REBORN FROM THE FIRES OF THE MOUNTAIN AFTER A LEGIONARY WENT TO THE MOUNTAIN AND SACRIFICE HIMSELF! REALLY??????? IF DADDY VULKAN IS A FUCKING PAGAN GOD NOW - WHY ALL THIS CIRCUS?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Anak, if you want a productive reply from LOTN you've gotta give him better stuff to work with. Your post honestly reads like a 15-year old complaining about the newer Sonic games. Not to mention it transforms from a disagreement with LOTN's review to outright slating Kyme's novel.

From what I've heard Deathfire sounds pretty poor, and I admit LOTN has always used a reviewing scale some of us in the community don't agree with, but... c'mon, mate.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts