Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got an e-mail today from Black Library confirming things are kicking off this Friday.

Greetings from the Black Library

To celebrate the launch of Black Library Digital, October 8th and the following four Fridays have been designated Free eBook Fridays. Be sure to point your browser in our direction at noon GMT on each of those days to find out which gem from the BL back catalogue – or digital exclusive – will be yours for the grand sum of zero pounds, dollars or yen.

More to come!

Ragnar @ BlackLibrary.com
Woo hoo!

edit: the typo in the topic name is noted and in-hand

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how long they will be available to download?
I'm hoping they will be available at least for that whole day. noon gmt is kind of early for my time zone, I'll have to set my alarm at least for the first day just in case.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Any idea if this includes the Kindle from Amazon? I tried searching couple of days ago (half heartedly mind you) and could'nt find any.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any idea if this includes the Kindle from Amazon? I tried searching couple of days ago (half heartedly mind you) and could'nt find any.
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Digital

Will your eBooks be available for the Kindle?

All of our eBooks and Hammer and Bolter will be available from the Black Library website in a format that is compatible with the Kindle. Black Library eBooks will not be available from the Amazon website though.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Bloody hell something for nothing ?From GW ? got to be a catch somewere, do you have to hand over your first born to work in the plastic mines?
Seriously though its a great idea to drum up business, im on the fence about e-books and readers, we have quite a number of books in our house and the wife gets through a couple a month so it would save a lot of future space and they seem cheaper if your prolific reader like the missus, just seems alot to shell out for a reader if the tech and support isnt going to stay around long, after all books are timeless and if you drop one in the bath its not gonna set you back £150 to replace it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Call me old fashioned if you will, but I prefer paperbacks.

·
Registered
328 Posts
:mad: they've picked something most BL readers willhave definately read !

·
Registered
659 Posts
Not surprising that they give out an older one. Can't really expect a company to give something hot for free. But GW giving something older for free is good marketing (hey, I criticize them most of the time, so I should say it when they do something nice!). Still, I haven't read it yet and will love having it on my Kindle!

I've heard the the free online version doesn't have the "allied" sections, though :p

Phil

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The free book is good quality in that, unlike other free books, effort has been made with the formatting, but the proposed pricing (particularly in conjunction with the decision to not produce omnibuses) is too high for me compared to Amazon paperbook prices.

I can stomach paying the same for digital as I would for the paperbacks from Amazon, but not 25-30% more.

If they did x books for £x offers it would re-ignite my interest.

I'm probably being over sulky about this, but I expected competitive pricing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm happy with the pricing scheme, but that's because it's about 40% of what I currently pay for BL books...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts