Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

561 - 580 of 600 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I'm beyond certain that he is. Have you not read all his notes about it, or the foreword and such. You can tell that he's very excited about the prospect of a long series, his Gaunts Ghosts, and you really tell the tale of Abaddon and rid the Failbaddon image.

·
Registered
493 Posts
yeah sure I did, but as people evolve perspectives and priorities change, as ADB might be doing other (non-BL) projects, I can imagine books get delayed. In all honesty I can imagine him looking for other/new challenges, I mean he has proven that he can write best of the class BL books, he knows that recipe and although still fun to do it becomes less challenging (that would be my reasoning), he might want to explore his potential in different genres (I'd read them)?

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
yeah sure I did, but as people evolve perspectives and priorities change, as ADB might be doing other (non-BL) projects, I can imagine books get delayed. In all honesty I can imagine him looking for other/new challenges, I mean he has proven that he can write best of the class BL books, he knows that recipe and although still fun to do it becomes less challenging (that would be my reasoning), he might want to explore his potential in different genres (I'd read them)?
If you follow his facebook, read his blogs, read his forewords etc. then I could almost guarantee you that he is in for the long haul in the 40k universe in general.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
To be honest, I don't take the word of the author until I hear from Black Library. The author may have planned a book two, but that doesn't mean BL picked it up.

Lets hope they do. However, that could explain why I haven't found any info on it from any other source than ADB.
When it comes to ADB writing about Chaos, you can be assured BL will pick it up.

But no hard date yet? Probably told early. Thanks for the link, Matcap.
BL is crap when it comes to announcing their own products. Amazon is announcing them months before BL has even gotten their head out of their behinds. Heck sometimes they are just there on the web-site with no announcement what's so ever.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
He's been working on it for longer than that, and not so secretly either. He mentioned it a couple of years ago at least.
But then he announced taking a break from it, so it's "secret" in the way we didn't know he'd picked up on writing it again. :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
But then he announced taking a break from it, so it's "secret" in the way we didn't know he'd picked up on writing it again. :)
Close! After Talon, a long time back, I said it was probably going to be next in line. I then spent all of last year writing Ragnar Blackmane instead, as I wanted a break from the Heresy and the setting's intricate innards and guts. I started it, in secret, in January - and GW asked me not to say anything about it. So this is the first time I've ever said I was actually writing it.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Close! After Talon, a long time back, I said it was probably going to be next in line. I then spent all of last year writing Ragnar Blackmane instead, as I wanted a break from the Heresy and the setting's intricate innards and guts. I started it, in secret, in January - and GW asked me not to say anything about it. So this is the first time I've ever said I was actually writing it.
Awesome. Don't suppose you can or are allowed to give us a guestimate on the release for it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
One would imagine that even when a book is finished by the author it would need final sign off, proof reading for canon errors (yeah, that's made me smile too!) and then it would be down to BL or whoever to decide when it goes to print. Hopefully it's nothing to do with ADB and then we can't blame him for the slow release :grin:

·
Registered
456 Posts
One would imagine that even when a book is finished by the author it would need final sign off, proof reading for canon errors (yeah, that's made me smile too!) and then it would be down to BL or whoever to decide when it goes to print. Hopefully it's nothing to do with ADB and then we can't blame him for the slow release :grin:
Tee...

Awesome. Don't suppose you can or are allowed to give us a guestimate on the release for it?
...hee!

No idea, sorry. I'd guess (and this is really a very raw guess) that MoM would be out this time next year? It's going pretty well but I have no idea where it sits in the schedule these days, the Heresy is trucking on fine without me slowing it down anyway.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
No idea, sorry. I'd guess (and this is really a very raw guess) that MoM would be out this time next year? It's going pretty well but I have no idea where it sits in the schedule these days, the Heresy is trucking on fine without me slowing it down anyway.
Awesome either way, cheers for answering.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My fingers are crossed that it won't be a limited release. I want MoM on iBooks as soon as its ready so I can download that bad boy and start enjoying a story that isn't about bloody Calth or bloody Isstvan! :(

561 - 580 of 600 Posts