Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

261 - 280 of 600 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Going to wait for my sources to provide it. No way I'm going to continue to sink money into extortionate upselling.

Sorry, Dead.Blue.Clown, as excited as I am about that, I fail to see the need to sell "Limited Edition" prints when you're going to release it later anyway. It's effectively forcing people (well, at least one) away. I'm voting with my pocket, (and have emailed Black Library that I'm not happy with the practise), and will continue to look elsewhere for the story.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Going to wait for my sources to provide it. No way I'm going to continue to sink money into extortionate upselling.

Sorry, Dead.Blue.Clown, as excited as I am about that, I fail to see the need to sell "Limited Edition" prints when you're going to release it later anyway. It's effectively forcing people (well, at least one) away. I'm voting with my pocket, (and have emailed Black Library that I'm not happy with the practise), and will continue to look elsewhere for the story.
It comes in a faux leather cover and at an earlier date than the normal versions. I don't see the harm in BL's decision to go through with this limited edition especially when I assume authors get more royalties as a result.

Just having read the first chapter solidified my expectations of this book's quality.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My question is whether every subsequent novel in this series will have a similar "First Edition" release... I'm OCD as hell regarding my bookshelf, and I need books that belong in the same series to be of the same format. If they will then I will purchase this novel, but if not... I shall be joining the malcontents and waiting for the regular editions.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
It comes in a faux leather cover and at an earlier date than the normal versions. I don't see the harm in BL's decision to go through with this limited edition especially when I assume authors get more royalties as a result.

Just having read the first chapter solidified my expectations of this book's quality.
So it's going to look out of place among my OCD satisfactory bookshelf as well? Yeah, TPB, here I come!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I asked Black Library about the Talon of Horus and just got this response:

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for your email. A Standard version of this book and the eBook will be available in October.

Many thanks,

Stuart

Im going to hold out for the standard version.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I'm reading the first chapter of "ToH" in the wait for the full book. Loving the written prose. Very talently flowing. From the little I gather this is some great stuff. I also like the name on "the planet of Sorcerers" as I think it sounds better in speaking terms and the description "made from shrieking souls" is excellente. Khayon seems much different from the other Astartes ADB has written about in the past. This one seems much more emotional and that will be interesting to explore. :)

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I also liked the added bit of flavour ADB has given the Rubricae, compared to how Ahriman: Exile did.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
October?

That's not to far away. I can wait :good:

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts

I'm very much looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I read this extract some time ago, it was the sneak preview available in the Renegades of the Dark Millennium anthology. Was great then, still great now.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I also liked the added bit of flavour ADB has given the Rubricae, compared to how Ahriman: Exile did.
Yeah I liked that too, but French-interpretation wasn't to shabby as well. :) Or did you men something else?

Loved that one as well. :) Great work overall. I think this could be his best written book up to date, even passing by TFH, Soul Hunter and Blood Reaver. I love that he chose a former TS as a main-character. They post-Rubric are always interesting and deeply unexplored IMO.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
My question is whether every subsequent novel in this series will have a similar "First Edition" release... I'm OCD as hell regarding my bookshelf, and I need books that belong in the same series to be of the same format. If they will then I will purchase this novel, but if not... I shall be joining the malcontents and waiting for the regular editions.
Don't quite understand this.

Bookshelves are fucking dust magnets, and yet your self-diagnosed OCD is worried about their format? Dust damages books, formats don't (unless it's those American mass-market paperbacks that literally use tracing paper).

Just keep them in a nice big plastic tupperware box, mate. No dust. No sunlight. No frustration.

Anyway, looking forward to this book immensely.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I read this extract some time ago, it was the sneak preview available in the Renegades of the Dark Millennium anthology. Was great then, still great now.

LotN
Hrm, I read the just released preview. Did you read it right? Or was it a different preview from the one in Renegadges of the Dark Millenium?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Here are the images. I wonder who Telemachon Lyras might be! Also some of the extra content is a short I believe never to be printed again. That sucks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Here are the images. I wonder who Telemachon Lyras might be! Also some of the extra content is a short I believe never to be printed again. That sucks.
Telemachon Lyras is the Blademaster of the Black Legion, a former Emperor's Children, and is one of Khayon's rivals. He also apparantely looks like a boss! As does Khayon, that is a sweet axe.

So in addition to the main story the novel also features at least three extra stories. Extinction, a story that was first featured in the Games Day Anthology. Chosen of Chaos, a 1000-word story that first introduces the Ezekarion. And this new story The Wonderworker, which could be anything.

Can't wait to place my order!!

LotN

261 - 280 of 600 Posts