Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have purchased the csm armyset and am now trying to design something good with it.
Due to the place I live in I'll have to stick to the box for a while..

So, first of all, the 500 point list.

HQ
Chaos Lord (120)
Terminator Armour

Elites
3x Terminators (120)
2x combi-meltas, 1 chainfist, 1 heavy flamer

Troops

5 chaos space marines (100)
Icon of Chaos Glory
Plasmagun

5 Khorne berzerkers (160)
Champion w/power fist & plasma pistol

Total: 500 pts

Well, yeah, I know, that giving a champ a plasma pistol is not quite a good idia..
Thought of giving csm's a meltagun in stead of a plasma, but that would mean that they need to get close to the enemy, which is quite difficult (is it?) when your number is 5.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
What you lack at the moment is ranged power. Your army is a monster up close but needs a few guns.

I'd give the termies an autocannon instead of a hvy flamer. They have combi-meltas, not multi-meltas (very different). I really don't rate heavy flamers on stuff that can't move fast.

You might try a sorceror instead of your lord. Again, this could give you some ranged power (or lash, which you can use to feed enemy units to your termies and zerkers).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoa, sorry, big typo with the meltas (=

Hm, thought about a Slaaneshi sorcerer, but he will EAT POINTS, because the box can provide only a termi-armour model.

Hm, about the autocannon..thought about it..but it's a heavy, so that means, either terminators stand and shoot or they go assaulting..

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
Well no. Termies can move and fire hvy weps. The rules are a little different depending on which codex you read of course...

The sorceror would actually only cost something like 140 or 145 points I think. I'm not sure how much termie armour is for him as I don't have my book here. With no terminator armour it's 125. It is a little more, but you could remove things like the plasma pistol on your zerkers.

Admittedly the suggestions I've made do all mean paying more points. Hmm.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oh..yes..sure..they can..
I'm just a newbie, haven't played a single game :biggrin:

Hm. So it would be

HQ
Chaos Scorcerer (140)
Terminator armour, mark of slaanesh, lash of submission

Elites
3x Terminators (150)
Chainfist, 2x combi-meltas, reaper autocannon

And if I remove the plasma pistol off the zerkers it would save 15 points.
The canon and the sorc costs 50 pts more, than in the previous list. Need to remove 35 points more..

Maybe I should drop the zerks altogether and take regular marines instead?

Edit: well, actually, I was thinking of converting a sorcerer from a regular aspiring champion. And if I drop the plasmagun from the CSM squad it will be just 500 points. Dunno if it's worth that, but probably yes.

Edit 2: Hm. The termis can move, while firing the Reaper Autocannon, but they can't assault after that, can they? Maybe then I should drop the reaper and take wings for the sorc?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
They can assault I think, but as I said it depends which codex you read. I'm pretty sure they all say something slightly different, while all trying to say the same thing.

There is a stable platform rule in the BBB that states that models count as stationary when firing. Such units are able to fire hvy weps as they move and charge as well. Terminators are supposed to be able to do that (I think, everyone plays it that way at least), but the codex writers are incompetent and can't manage to write down the rule correctly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Er..the new one..
Hm, good, it says "may assault after firing rapid fire and heavy weapons"..
So, then the list would be

HQ
Chaos Scorcerer (125)
Mark of slaanesh, lash of submission

Elites
3x Terminators (145)
Chainfist, 1 combi-melta, reaper autocannon

Troops
Khorne Berzerkers (145)
AC w/power fist

5x Chaos Space Marines (85)
IoCG

Total: 500 pts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I say no termies in 500, just throw in anther 5 marines so you can get a heavy weapon in your squad. You might want to think about converting a slaanesh sorcerer out of the extra bitz from the lord sprue and the CSM upgrade sprue and maybe even the possessed sprue. I did it and it was super fun.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hm yeah, thought about a 10 man squad, but after reading some battle roports..well, people say, that terminators help a lot there..

About converting the sorc - that's what I am intending to do, the only problem are the legs..either one of marines is going to lose them or I'll have to make something cape-like from the green stuff..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts