Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my new army choice got made for me when my girlfriend decided to buy me a present and got me a box of Chaos Terminators and Abaddon as suggested to her by a guy at our local gamestore who knows me. So, now I feel compelled to use them. Or she'll beat me... :search: Okay, she's not around to see I said that. :victory: Khorne could learn a thing or two from her :laugh:

Anyways, here's my list idea. Going for straight up competitive so feel free to pick it apart. Tired of hearing from my friends that only Lash lists work for CSM. Prove em wrong!

Abaddon 275 Points

Daemon Prince 205 Points
- Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Wind of Chaos

Chaos Terminators (6) 270 Points
- Combi-melta (3), Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Pair of Lightning Claws, Icon of Tzeentch

Chosen (5) 150 Points
- Meltagun (5), Icon of Chaos Glory
- Rhino

Khorne Berzerkers (8) 248 Points
- Skull Champion w/ Power Fist
- Icon
- Rhino

Plague Marines (7) 201 Points
- Meltagun (2), Icon
- Rhino

- Meltagun (2), Icon
- Rhino

Obliterators (2) 150 Points

2000/2000 Points

Death to the False Emperor!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nice looking list! I'm not huge on Abaddon or Terminators, but if you have to use them, you have brought good units to accompany them on the table. It would be nice to deliver Abby and friends in style in a Land Raider, though that would be a lot of points, and they wouldn't all fit. Deepstriking to Icons works too.

And on a side note, I definitely don't think you need lash to win with CSMs.

Good luck with the new army!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I tell you what i'd be tempted to do. Drop the Daemon Prince, and invest in another 201 squad of Plague Marines.

And it might be in your interest to change around the HS for say 2 Vindicators and 2 Oblits, just to make it a little more entertaining.

While Obliterators are always a great choice; Defilers/Vindicators, hell even Predators, are alot more satisfying to play.

Otherwise i have no doubts in your list. Infiltrate your Chosen, pop a tank or two. Then your aim will be to rush objectives with your PMs and DS Abaddon down to clean sweep for the table.

It might be in your advantage for Abaddon to fail the DS rolls, and come in where appropriate, so he can just DS into cover, no scatter. Then Proceed to assault a tank, blow it up and move in.

Good Warring :wild:

EDIT: You do NOT, I repeat NOT, need Lash to win. I hate Lash-lists so much, they're so unoriginal, and so over-rated.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
If you drop two termies and the DP you could fit in a LR which abaddon would like alot! be wary of foot slogging though! So very lame!! Like the others Lash is not necessary, although in my opinion the best DP build is MofN Wings and WT! Although saying that I did run double lash the other day (yer I know boo!) but it was hilarious I mainly pissed around moving squads as a laugh than anything particularly tatical!
It would also be advisable to throw a PF in your PM squads! I would also be tempted to run one as a plasma gun squad too! Your zerker rhino needs EA too!
Just a few thoughts!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alrighty, so I took my fellow servants of the Ruinous Powers advice and reworked my list a lil bit. This works out great for me as I already own 2 Defilers kitted out like this for my World Eaters army.

Abaddon 275 Points

Daemon Prince 175 Points
- Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime

- Combi-melta (3), Heavy Flamer, Chainfist, Pair of Lightning Claws, Icon of Tzeentch

Chosen (5) 150 Points
- Rhino

Khorne Berzerkers (8) 263 Points
- Icon
- Rhino w/ Extra Armour

- Meltagun (2), Icon
- Rhino

Plague Marines (7) 211 Points
- Plasma Gun (2), Icon
- Rhino

Defiler 150 Points
- 4 DCCW, Battle Cannon

Defiler 150 Points
- 4 DCCW, Battle Cannon

1995/2000 Points

Whatcha figure? This gonna make the lapdogs of the corpse god repent their blasphemous ways and enbrace the true divinity? :grin:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Alrighty, so I took my fellow servants of the Ruinous Powers advice and reworked my list a lil bit. This works out great for me as I already own 2 Defilers kitted out like this for my World Eaters army.

Abaddon 275 Points

Daemon Prince 175 Points
- Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime

Chosen (5) 150 Points
- Rhino

Khorne Berzerkers (8) 263 Points
- Icon
- Rhino w/ Extra Armour

- Meltagun (2), Icon
- Rhino

Plague Marines (7) 211 Points
- Plasma Gun (2), Icon
- Rhino

Defiler 150 Points
- 4 DCCW, Battle Cannon

Defiler 150 Points
- 4 DCCW, Battle Cannon

1995/2000 Points

Whatcha figure? This gonna make the lapdogs of the corpse god repent their blasphemous ways and enbrace the true divinity? :grin:
What have you done, you've made your list worse. Go back to the original, and albeit Im not a fan of Abadabbadoobadon or chaos termies I think you're sunk with them.

But seriously, why did you drop oblits for av twelve awful.

And ugh a chaos prince of nurgle? Chaos princes don't give two damns about bolter fire, it's always the anti tank that kills them(ESPECIALLY plasma!) if you must go outside the suggested norm of the flying lasher, instead try a Tzeentch prince with warptime, I think he's cheaper and you shrug off fully half of all anti tank fire, and thunder hammers and bullcrap like that.

And I'd take out the termies to fully gear up the plagues so they can rock face in CC. But I think you're sunk, good luck!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i preffered your first list as well. i would have dropped your DP and the rhino on the Chosen for a LR, but that's because a hoofing expensive unit is not a good idea.

it may be worse to add in an expensive transport to go with it, but IMO it's still viable, keeps the mega unit alive and it's fluffy at the very least.

good hunting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too prefer my first list. Not planning on footslogging my terminators really. Keep them in reserve and then DS them in using the icons so that they can tear it up with their ranged weaponry before charging the next turn. Hence why I took so many. If they ate a ton of fire I might lose a couple but still have enough left to be hellishly scary. Though I could drop a couple and stick them and Abaddon in a Raider. I've never really disembarked from from transport and gotten back in though in all the games I've played. But that's because I guess I'm always fighting gunlines.

My other thought for my first list is to drop 2 Oblits for a Vindicator with Daemonic Possession. Leaves me with 4 Oblits and gives me a large blast o' death. Though I doubt the Vin would live very long... It would be a huge fire magnet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Okay, so I may have the girlfriend convinced I can exchange Abaddon for a new plastic Daemon Prince. This is good! It also means I'm thinking of fielding a hybrid mix between my World Eaters Armoured Spearhead list and my Black Legion. Who says all my tanks have to be Black? :wink:

Daemon Prince 205 Points
- Wings, Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime, Wind of Chaos

Chaos Terminators (6) 260 Points

Chosen (5) 175 Points
- Rhino

Berzerkers (8) 213 Points
- Icon

- Icon

- Icon

Land Raider 240 Points
- Daemonic Possession

Land Raider 240 Points
- Daemonic Possession

Land Raider 240 Points
- Daemonic Possession

1999/2000 Points

Whatcha figure? I think horde might be a problem. But it is alot of AV 14 and CC ability with some anti-tank punch. Much better than the 3 Dreads I was running with my World Eaters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts