Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

This is what I'm aiming toward for 2000 points. I'm not trying to power list (lol, chaos power list...), i just rather not be stomped!

Am using Codex Crimson Slaughter.

Here we go:

Chaos Lord w/ Blade of the Relentless, Horns of the Slaughterer, Terminator Armour, Mark of Nurgle
= 165
5 Chaos Terminators w/ Mark of Nurgle, 3 Power Fists, 2 Lightning Claws, Heavy Flamer
= 224
10 Chaos Marines w/ Power Fist, 2 Plasma Guns, Rhino
= 230
10 Chaos Marines w/ Power Fist, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino
= 220
10 Chaos Marines w/ Power Fist, 2 Meltaguns, Rhino
= 220
20 Cultists w/ 2 Heavy Stubbers, Mark of Nurgle
= 140
Chaos Fire Raptor w/ Reaper Autocannon Batteries
= 210
Predator w/ Heavy Bolters and Warpflame Gargoyles
= 100
2 x Chaos Rapier Gun Batteries w/ Hades Autocannons
= 130

Mayhem Pack - 3 x Helbrute w/ Reaper Autocannon & Power Scourge
= 345

Total = 1984

thoughts?

EDIT: Shit, forgot the mayhem pack.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Drop warpflame gargoyles in favor of meltabombs on the Lord, perhaps?

I feel like Termis can't be counted as a competitive choice, given the preponderance of AP2 and grav and big nasty MCs who'll eat the squad, but... hey, they could be fun, especially smashing down in front of the Fire Raptor and crushing a unit!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
With the 15 points, I'd add Balefire missiles to the Raptor, just as a deterrent to all the speeders and such that use jink saves.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I'd probably give the terminators and lord Mark of Tzeentch instead - By giving them Nurgle, you're only making them a tad better at their primary job, where they are already good; Small arms fire.

By giving them Tzeentch, you're giving them more strength on their primary weakness; AP2 - Giving them a 50% chance to survive, instead of a 33% on those hits can be a very big deal, in a world where everybody and their grandmother have AP2/1.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the mark swap idea!

Can a lord in Terminator Armour take meltabombs now?

And, with the Cultists - is MoN worth it? or would 10 more cultists be a better choice? They essentially are my meat shield for the Rapiers... so I guess 30 is better than 20 with T4?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As you already have the minimum troops tax paid, the cultists are probably a waste of points, in my opinion. Perhaps consider a Fast Attack choice, Spawn, Chaos Bikers, or a drop n pop Raptor unit.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Leave cultists markless, definitely. Not worth the marginal benefits of a mark for the points cost.

Can a lord in Terminator Armour take meltabombs now?
Lords can take Special Issue Wargear after swapping, yeah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts