Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 such book ideas that I would like to come into existence: 1. Da Bodyguard, biography of Nork Deddog, subtitled: Smash dem wat is trying ta urt da kernul. it can sound as joke but I really would like to see something written about most famous Ogryn in wh40k history. after all how many times we see Ogryns in novels [and most times in that rare moments they are not properly portrayed. only author that gave them justice was Anthony Raynolds]? it could be made as some kind of memories from some IG trooper or even officer that was witness of Nork's heroic deeds. maybe something ala Ciaphas Cain? 2. Background book about Tyranids that describes in details all things that we know about them. for example: all known major species, bio-ship classes etc. = all informations known from codexes etc. gathered in one book.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I wish the suspense-heavy prelude to the awakening of the Void Dragon, behest thousands, if not millions of Platinum-Class Necrontyr constructs, and the openings of such a war against the pinnacle of the Adeptus Mechanicus, as the greatest of their hidden technologies are brought to bear against the eon-old might of the C`tan is written in a thick, blocky hardback. Think Titanicus upon a far grander scale. A Black Library enthusiasts wet-dream made manifest, of course without a naked Ibram Gaunt *Shudders*

Warriors of Ultramar, the second book in the Ultramarines saga, focuses heavily upon the gellid, gory details of the Tyranids. Especially Bio-ships. Worth a read, if not for Learchus herroics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warriors of Ultramar, the second book in the Ultramarines saga, focuses heavily upon the gellid, gory details of the Tyranids. Especially Bio-ships. Worth a read, if not for Learchus herroics.[/QUOTE]

I read it and it is one of better books in that boring series but as I wrote I want a background book not a novel.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I read it and it is one of better books in that boring series but as I wrote I want a background book not a novel.
If you want a background book, which is essentially a major portion of an army`s Codex, then Codex: Tyranids is the most sufficing tome for this. Because -lets be honest- Black Library are not in the mood to wasting money producing a special background book/let, in the style of Collected Visions, upon a relatively boring army, that firstly: Are not Astartes (Hence why such will never happen) and secondly: Something as Alien as Tyranids.

Perhaps Eisenhorn or Ravenor, or other Inquisitorial novels harp on about the Tyranids, I`ve not read them, though may do soon...

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Siege of terra, got to be.
Thats going to be one hell of a book.

I'd also like a book about the creation of the primarchs

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
The Age of Apostasy. Simple as, the biggest action since the Heresy if I remember correctly. Of course that would probably fit better into a series than into a single book, unless it was omnibus size.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Xenology has got a lot on Tyranids get that.

I'd like to see some sort of volume of the Codex Astartes released as a background book, akin to the Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, obviously it couldn't be the entire thing but it'd be nice to get some more info on this tome that a lot of people seem to despise without actually bothering to find out about it.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
What I wanted most was a Night Lords novel, and Aaron Dembski-Bowden gave us that and more. So I suppose after that I want a series on the Flesh Tearers or a Space Marine Battles novel about the World Engine and the Astral Knights.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Story on the Iron Warriors

·
Registered
557 Posts
A World Eaters HH book. I heard ADB had that as his first choice for an HH book, third being Word Bearers. which is obviously what he got.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd personally like to see a World Eaters Pre Heresy book.

That or a novel on a little known chapter such as the Space Sharks or some other chapter...

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
More night lords/Zho Shaal,lord of the night.
An Alpha legion Trilogy/omnibus.
Siege of terra. I know it will happen but i want it soon.
As for details on the tyranids. Forge world the Anphelion Project should have a fair bit.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
A book on the Red Hunters, the Inquisition's personal traitor-hunting chapter of space marines.

And some stuff on the awesome-but-less-written-about chapters, such as the Iron Hands, the Raven Guard (yeah yeah, I know, Thorpe did an audiobook), and the White Scars.

·
Registered
323 Posts
the badab war would make a gd book methinks

1 - 20 of 53 Posts