Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
What ever happened with this?
Jez is a busy man; he will get to it as soon as possible.

Before you get too snitty, try to remember that plastic crack does not have a sell-by date, and that waiting patiently is good for the soul.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Be happy we have such a kickass board to have something like this. The odds should be slightly better then 1 percent, there are a couple folks in the top 100 who are banned and several who have not been on in a year or three. But he'll even 1 percent is awesome.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Wow, didn't meant to cause anything. As I said, I was just hopeful and curious. When I saw the original contest, I misread it that it was top poster, and so I pretty much neglected life itself to post constantly. I needed up #5, which was cool (are you all sick of me now?), and just figured I'd hope on the prize. And as they say, no news is good news... until I've heard that I haven't won, Schrodinger says I did.

I'm deffinitely glad to see a contest like this in general, however. Thanks B&K!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I wasn't trying to be snitty, just stating that nothing had happened. Until now, nothing had been said. Sorry to ruffle any feathers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow, didn't meant to cause anything. As I said, I was just hopeful and curious. When I saw the original contest, I misread it that it was top poster, and so I pretty much neglected life itself to post constantly. I needed up #5, which was cool (are you all sick of me now?), and just figured I'd hope on the prize. And as they say, no news is good news... until I've heard that I haven't won, Schrodinger says I did.

I'm deffinitely glad to see a contest like this in general, however. Thanks B&K!
For the record, Schrodinger also says you didn't. lol.

·
Registered
0 Posts

You were trying to catch up with Vaz and I?

·
Registered
0 Posts
BitsandKits have kindly stepped up and offered to supply the prizes for our latest competition.

The full rules and information are incredibly simple. In order to qualify for entry into the random prize draw for a Battleforce or Battalion box of your choice all you have to do is be one of the top 100 posters on the 15th June!!

Also, don't forget to pay a visit to BitsandKits at http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk

Thats a 1% chance of winning a wonderful prize simply by posting on your favourite GW fansite!
Was top posters in the 30 days before jun15. Not overall :p
It was top 100 posters from May 15 - June 15. Not overall. Realistically that would skew everything to people who joined years ago, simply because they had more time to post.
I have read the rules 4 times again just now and no where does it say 30 days, just a top 100 poster.

Edit: just had to copy and paste a few times.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
What would the point of that be? As you have pointed out many of those people are inactive and or banned.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Indeed, especially if the idea is to further enthuse members to participate more in discussions.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Indeed, especially if the idea is to further enthuse members to participate more in discussions.
exactly, its pretty amazing how many people log onto this forum and yet dont post anything, a few times this last week i have been logged in along with 80 plus members and there has been almost zero posts over the course of an hour.

Anyway the competition was for a period of time and was there to encourage people new and old to post in the forums, hopefully my donation has had some positive impact on the post levels.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
At the bottom of the forums are the top 5 stats for posts and threads created, where it says "Top 5 States" with a drop down arrow, you can select view more. It'll open the stat window where you can expand it to the top 100 in each category.
I based the contest off this statement, since the top posters category is 'last 30 days'.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well just pointing out the rules do not say that, it plainly says top 100 posters, no time frame specified. Might have gotten more people posting if it was known to be a spam a thon.

I really don't care about a box set but if someone did this could be pursued as false advertising.

Good luck to all who made it in the top 100.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts