Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Odd one.

I have a shit load of stuff left over from this chaos project. Mainly a crap load of Dark Angel junk I'm never gonna use.

Any idea if any of the bits sites have a trade in type affair?

really CBA'd to list it all on ebay for the associated seller fees, ebay's cut of sellingprice and the anal rapage of paypal.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bits and Kits?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
nope, unlikely to contain anything of converting value,takes too long to sort ,value and up load and very difficult to account for on the books as unlikely to have a receipt. Ebay or bring and buy at a wargames show are the best options available.
Have you ever considered adding a user managed section to your site B&K? Let People upload their own products in mini shops whilst you take a flat margine off of all sales. It would mean you capitalise on the fact that most modellers have an extensve bits collection. You would be making money from other people using you to sell bits without buying the stock yourself. It would increase your stock file and therefore improve overall sales.
Also it would mean that even if you ran out of stock of something then you could be making money because other users have the item in stock.

Just a thought. I personally have whole boxes of complete bits that i've held onto including inquisitor heads etc that i will prolly never use.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Over the last month or so i have been ebaying my massive bitz box in small packages (say '10 heads' or 'five pairs of bolter arms, for example') and actually getting quite a bit for them, even the stuff i didn't think anyone wanted or any respecting SM player would have in an equally vast quantity as myself.

My box is pretty much empty now though so there's a gap in the market :)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Have you ever considered adding a user managed section to your site B&K? Let People upload their own products in mini shops whilst you take a flat margine off of all sales. It would mean you capitalise on the fact that most modellers have an extensve bits collection. You would be making money from other people using you to sell bits without buying the stock yourself. It would increase your stock file and therefore improve overall sales.
Also it would mean that even if you ran out of stock of something then you could be making money because other users have the item in stock.

Just a thought. I personally have whole boxes of complete bits that i've held onto including inquisitor heads etc that i will prolly never use.
Its something i have considered and as attractive idea making money is from other peoples sales, it would come with baggage and problems mainly in the customer service area, As it stands if i sell something and i cock it up, im resposnsible and i sort it out and any back lash from the cock up is mine and my fault, once you start hosting other peoples sales and taking a slice, you are involved and then have to consider what happens when one of your own valuable customers gets ripped off or is unhappy with an outsiders customer service.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts