Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I do not play Warhammer 40K, and only have a limited amount of info about it which I get from listening to my boyfriend. He is very much obsessed!

From what I can gather he has a White Scars army of Sapce Marines with quite a few bikes. I'm afraid that I really don't know anything more specific.

Anyways, to the actual reason I am here! He mentioned a few months ago that he wanted (as I have now found out) the armoured spearhead, a boxed set of 4 land raiders that are only available online.

So being in a generous mood I went down to my local GW (where I do know the staff personally through a completely different route) to buy it for him for Christmas.

At the time I couldn't remember the specifics (such as there only being 4 things in the set, and the fact that it's only available online). All I could remember was that it was some form of 'tanks' (please don't laugh at me!) in a boxed set, and because it was a set it worked out cheaper than buying them seperately.

Now the guy at the shop knows me, and more importantly my boyfriend, and his army. He said that I must mean this big box of tanks for £150. I asked him was he sure that they were suitable for my boyfriend's army, to which he said yes.

I now know that I have bought the Emporer's Fist box of 10 'tanks' and not what he wanted. I went back to the shop and double checked with the guy I know that they would be suitable for the White Scars Space Marine army and he said yes.

But having looked online this evening the tanks I have bought are part of the Imperial Guard, and I don't think that he will want them.

I guess it's not the end of the world, I was just wondering what you thought?

Thank you, if you made it this far!

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
First off, no one is going to laugh at you, its understandable where someone who has never seen any of this can get totally overwhelmed.

I have no idea what happened with that. First time maybe the guy at gw made a mistake with your boyfriend's army. Many players have more than one army and its totally possible that he saw your boyfriend playing with an imperial guard army. But after you went back and double checked and he still told you the same thing, it sounds like this guy was just trying to make a sale (hopefully not and its an honest mistake again). Anyways its no big deal, its from games workshop, so as long as its not opened and you have the recipt you can easily exchange it for whatever your boyfriend needs. I know some gw stores in Canada will actually do direct orders for you and let you pick things up at the store. You might want to look into this and see if it is possible. Hope everything works out okie.

·
Registered
538 Posts
return the box you bought. tell gw store you need the Landraider box set. you get 3 tanks in it.
pretty obvious you were duped on purpose. shame on the gw ($$$) staffer.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yeah. In my opinion, he did that on purpose. He couldn't have made the mistake of giving you guard tanks for a space marine army. White Scars are a space marine army and if he gave you guard tanks, he's a jerk. Go politely ask the manager to exchange it (if it's not open) and (still politely) tell him that he's got a jerk running some sales.

:victory:

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
The Armored Spearhead has 4 tanks in it, Deciever. 1x Terminus Ultra, 1x Crusader, 2x Normal.

I think either the staffer was thinking in terms of Apocalypse, or he was simply trying to get rid of the huge boxes before Christmas.

-Dirge

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
If the box is unopened just return it for the landraider box and treat it as an honest mistake. Siince we don't know if your boyfriend and the other guy were talking about an IG army.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the replies. Someone mentioned Apocolypse, now he does have the book and stuff for that, so is there a chance that he might use them? (Clutching at straws!!!)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Possibly, Apocalypse has rules for allied armies, so he can use Space Marines and Imperial Guard together.

If he wants the Landraiders though, the best thing has to be to take the Guard tanks back to the shop and explain the mistake. I don't advise you to tell the manager that one of his staff's a jerk though.

Alternatively, give your boyfriend the Guard tanks while smiling sweetly. He won't want to hurt your feelings so he'll say they're great. Later, say something's worrying you - you did get the right ones, didn't you? Only you don't want him to be disappointed at xmas... then give him the receipt and say you don't mind if he exchanges them. He will then think you're the best girlfriend ever, for being a) really considerate, b) really well organised, and c) almost telepathically tuned in to what he's thinking. It's a high-risk strategy, but it may just make him your slave for the forseeable future.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Or... you could go back, buy what he wanted and begin an IG army and proceed to whoop all over those arrogant Space Marines. Then he'll think you're the bestest girlfriend ever, unless you win too many times. Then he'll be bitter.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Or... you could go back, buy what he wanted and begin an IG army and proceed to whoop all over those arrogant Space Marines. Then he'll think you're the bestest girlfriend ever, unless you win too many times. Then he'll be bitter.
yeah, that could work, or you could just go and exchange the Emperors Fist for the Armored Spearhead. Heres a link to it on the website: print it out and take it with you so there are no mistakes this time.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/...015&orignav=301083&ParentID=259658&GameNav=10

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been married for over a decade. My wife buys me game stuff sometimes. :biggrin: A girlfriend who buys game stuff deserves jewelry. (a lot of jewelry).

He wants Land Raiders. If you can return the other tanks, do so.

Either way he should be happy.

Good luck with him. (Remember that he is an idiot. give him some slack. but only some slack.)

Eric

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I feel for you. I can understand going into GW is very daunting, and if you know little or nothing about 40k (no offense) it is very hard to buy. Thats why you can ask some of the shop assistants and they will show you what he wants. It's very useful. Also, don't worry. I can't see why he wouldn't want 10 very powerful tanks. BOOM!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
what kind of a GW staff member cant tell white scars from marines

i bet he has 40k orks in fantasy lmfao

·
Registered
666 Posts
Bit harsh getting him fired...this thread is quite old and was started before christmas and for christmas so I think the problem is probebly solved by now...

·
Registered
429 Posts
to be honist i have found staff at gw talk shit to females a lot
so the person who sold u that is a @#$%#$ tjhe way thay treet women
is apoling.
ps sorry about the spellng

·
Registered
100 Posts
i want her to come back and tell us how it went

1 - 20 of 21 Posts