Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before, but I can't find it. Fluff wise why don't the IG use bikes, I know some people have made them?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
1) The technology to create bikes has been lost so that's why the guardsmen can't get them and only the Space Marines.

2) To expensive!

3) The IG are just supposed to die, so why give them a bike?? Just give them a horse, they dont need the same expensive fuel as the tanks, they can eat grass! Thats free, u know...

4) They have to slow reactions, thats why only SMs use bikes!

·
Registered
157 Posts
the technology to create motorbikes has been lost...but they can still remember how to make walkers and deathstrike missles.....how the hell has the imperium survived so long???

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well... Lets say that they lost the blueprints for IG Motor bikes in an "accident", and they cant be arsed to mass produce SM bikes, or to replicate a surviving exemplar of the IG bike...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Adeptus arbites even have grav tanks in the fluff, but not in the table.

Bikes are not that useful in general anyway, really it shouldn't be why don't they use bikes but rather why do they still use cavalry

·
Registered
107 Posts
the technology to create motorbikes has been lost...but they can still remember how to make walkers and deathstrike missles.....how the hell has the imperium survived so long???
aah...the shear stupidity of humanity and our stuborn refusal to die make for a hilarious duo

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Yet Bikes exist. The Tech is far from lost. If they can make SM Bike they can make a Human one. Hell kids at 16 can build motorcycles these days. The Arbites do use Bikes as well. Now Imperial jetbikes is a lost tech, I guess Sammael of the Raven Wing is a fukin Genius to keep his up and running. Sometimes I think GW treats us like were retarded step children.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts