Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as it says what's best on CSM bikes hand held or mounted melta/plasma guns
If I've got it right, a mounted melta gun I'll still have an extra attack in CC because the CSM bikes are armed with pistol and CC weapon ????
If hand held I could choose between firing twin linked bolter 24" or melta gun but loose the extra attack in CC

What's the general consensus on this and what's people's thoughts on which set up is better
It's for my Nurgle bikers
Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think mounting on the bike is better because the threat range of a bike with a melta gun is often going to be enough that you won't need the additional range of the combi bolters. Also getting in close enough to hit things with melta is going to mean you are right there for anything that wants to assault your bikes, and that extra attack is going to be useful.

I can't think of an in game situation where carrying the melta gun is preferable, but the biker carrying the gun is obviously easier to model and doesn't require any conversion work.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah cheers thats what I was thinking !
Modelling shouldn't be too hard really just gonna get me some extra melta guns now ha ha

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
in fact it all depends wheter you want your bikers in melee or not.
if you want them in melee then absolutely go for bike melta.
However, if you plan to shoot while circling the enemy, never underestimate the flexibility given by a melta unit capable of hitting hard even big numbers of models with combibolters.
I run my melta nurgle bikers with combibolter on bike and hand held melta. They are just going to charge vehicles and the bolters are extra useful to kill bubblewrappers around their targets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts