Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wonder... If a Space Marine biker is equipped with a special weapon, can he fire the bike-mounted twin-linked bolters in addition to it in the same round? And may he also move?

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
No.. bikes may only fire one weapon per rider... so regular bikes may only fire the special weapon, bolt pistol (if equipped), or bike mounted TL bolter. Attack Bikes may fire their TL bolters and the heavy weapon mounted with the passenger.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What weapon?
The special weapon that up to two bikers in the squad may equip.

No.. bikes may only fire one weapon per rider... so regular bikes may only fire the special weapon, bolt pistol (if equipped), or bike mounted TL bolter. Attack Bikes may fire their TL bolters and the heavy weapon mounted with the passenger.
Ok, I see. Well, regardless, they are still able to fulfill a lot of field purposes. Even if I equip them with meltaguns, they can still be effective anti-personel. Nice.

I like bikes. ^^

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Not quite, SoH

It never says bikes count as stationary, but it does say that if RF weapons are *mounted on the bike* then it may fire 1 shot at maximum range, even while moving.

It also says that "in addition" heavy and RF weapons may be fired if it moves, and it may assault after firing them.

The difference is subtle.

While it is clear that you can fire a RF or Heavy weapon while riding a bike and still charge, the only weapon that essentially counts as stationary is the one *mounted on the bike*

Which means if you have a plasgun and you move you have the following options:
Fire the TL bolters twice at 12", or once at 24"
Fire the Plasgun twice at 12"

Either option still allows you to charge, but it only says that weapons mounted on the bike are allowed to fire at full range if the biker moves.

If you need a fluff justification, picture the biker resting his plasgun on the handlebars/console while he steers with his free hand, or just one-handing his rifle without bracing it. He's just got the gun propped up while he lays on the trigger. Stable enough to fire, but not very accurate if you're moving. So no long-range shots. Meanwhile, if he stops, he can use both hands to brace and aim accurately.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So they can fire and shoot simoultaneously? Does that mean that I can fire with the special weapon AFTER I have moved, or in the middle of the movement phase?

This will certainly make them effective tankhunters.

·
Registered
538 Posts
fire and shoot is the same thing. you do all your movement Then do all your shooting.
single bikes shoot either the twin-link bolter or their special wpn. if move 12" or less.
if move more than 12" then cannot shoot at all.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I'm not sure what's being said, but if you're referencing my fluff example, bear in mind that was just fluff.

According to the fluff, the game turn happens pretty much all at once.

If you move a squad, fire pistols, and then charge that squad isn't nessecarily carefully moving up, stopping to fire a single well aimed shot, and then advancing into melee.

No, the whole turn's action takes place as a single screaming charge with guns blazing.

Likewise, according the fluff, a biker doesn't move, then pause to fire, and them move again into assault. He's moving, shooting and charging all at the same time.

They just put it into a concrete order in order to make the game playable.

You always move, then shoot, then assault, even if in reality it would be happening almost all at once. The example I wrote was just a way to explain why you don;t count aqs stationary fir firing your mplasma gun, even though you do for the bike's mounted bolters.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure what's being said, but if you're referencing my fluff example, bear in mind that was just fluff.

According to the fluff, the game turn happens pretty much all at once.

If you move a squad, fire pistols, and then charge that squad isn't nessecarily carefully moving up, stopping to fire a single well aimed shot, and then advancing into melee.

No, the whole turn's action takes place as a single screaming charge with guns blazing.

Likewise, according the fluff, a biker doesn't move, then pause to fire, and them move again into assault. He's moving, shooting and charging all at the same time.

They just put it into a concrete order in order to make the game playable.

You always move, then shoot, then assault, even if in reality it would be happening almost all at once. The example I wrote was just a way to explain why you don;t count aqs stationary fir firing your mplasma gun, even though you do for the bike's mounted bolters.
Mkay, I get it now. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts