Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told recently that bikers can't have a close combat weapon bonus is this true?? then why would they model the crozium on to the bike chapy?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Actually, CCCP, you're wrong when it comes to Space Marine Bikes.

Chaos bikes explicitly say that you DO NOT get the extra attack for 2 CCWs, but they have spikes that add an extra attack.

Meanwhile, space marine bikes have NO SUCH NOTATION
however, space marine bikers (except for veteran sarges) are only ever armed with nothing but the bike bolters, or a two-handed assault weapon. So the issue rarely comes up.

However if you buy your sarge, or IC a pistol and a CCW, or power fist, etc. there is absolutely, positively nothing in the rules to prohibit him having an extra attack.

And before anyone says anything about it making no sense, how does having a bolt pistol in the other hand make it so you can swing your powerfist more times when you're on foot?

What's to say he's not steering with those mysteriously useless foot pedals on the floor plate? Perhaps he has an autosense link to the bike's machine spirit? Run a wire from his helmet into the console between the handlebars if you want to worry about it.

But bottom line is, according to the rules, a Space Marine (but not a chaos marine) can have two close combat weapons and still get the bonus attack. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise because the rules are on your side.

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
er galahad, i believe you are right ehen it comes to csm, but wrong when comes to loyalist. i believe it says in the BGB that bikers can never have an extra attack for two CCW due to the need to control the bike.

yes, you can buy him a BP and CCW, but im sure that he can never claim the bonus. having a BP does not help the sarge swing his fist more times. it counts as a ccw because it then be used to pistol whip or fire at incredibly close range, therefore feasably granting an extra attack.

this is then worked out as a powerfist attack as otherwise it would take a week to play the game, simple as.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts