Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collect a khornate army and recently got the new codex...so now I have decided to convert a Chaos Lord on a bike with a deamon weapon.
But is this do-able?
A Deamon weapon required two hands to use, and the only precedent for two handed weapons and being mounted on something that required hands to steer that I can think of involves great weapons in warhammer fantasy.
Any ideas?
Mostly its just for the conversion opportunities, giving a Chaos Biker lord a huge weapon and being able to call it deamonic would be great fun. Worse comes to worse i'll do it anyway and just have him with a power weapon...but What do you think?
Anyone?

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Bikes do not require any hands to use (at least as far as the current rules go)

The rules *used* to say that bikes required one hand, but now they do not. Chaos bikers come with a pistol and CCW and they gain a bonus attack as normal.

Likewise a chaos lord can have a daemon weapon and still ride a bike. Nothing in the rules says or implies otherwise.

You can always model him holding the weapon in one hand and steering with the other if you like that aesthetic better.

There's several different ways to think about it, with chaos in particular.

Perhaps that computer screen and the foot pedal dealies allow the bike to go on rudimentary auto-pilot for charges? (Maybe they connect to the marine's autosense link)

Maybe the inertia of the bike makes up for the fact you're only using one hand.

Maybe he;s just so damned crazy that he points his bike in the right direction, stands up on the seat and howls his frenzy until he launches off of it into the fray.

Marine bikes have huge, broad tires, they look very stable and they;ll probably go in a straight line by default.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No offense but thats a lot of ifs.....BUT considering its a Khorn zerker lord yea 2h weapon ...screw steering the bike

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
There's no ifs, really. Rules are rules. I was just presenting some palatable explanations for people who don't feel rules are enough.

But yeah, steering is overrated for khorneites :grin:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
LMAO I thought that was snow til I saw the giant straws and razorblades.

·
Registered
162 Posts
hahahaahhaa :laugh:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow...Thanks all!

Galahad for the rules, culler for the inspiration on the conversion, and the rest of ya...Just for showing up :D

...Aww, doomrider...I rememeber when he existed...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another biker question

I am fairly new to 40K and part of my army consists of eight Chaos bikers in one squad:

1 Champion with a power fist
2 with melta guns
5 with twin linked bolters

I understand that the new codex rules give a normal biker one attack and a champion two attacks. However, the Chaos biker now comes equipped with a BP and CCW which means that if the basic Chaos biker charges into combat they end up with 3 close combat attacks each (1 from their profile, 1 for charging a 1 for having an extra CCW). This I get.

New question:
If I model 7 of the marines holding a bolt pistol (i.e. one hand on the handle bar and one hand holding a bolt pistol). Does this mean that during the shooting phase they can fire their twin linked bolters (on their bikes) and also fire their bolt pistols (twice if they do not move or once if they have moved)?

Mike

PS I will apologise in advance if this is an obvious rule that I have not understood. I am fairly new to 40K as I mentioned at the start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Deceiver for clearing that point up.

Mike

If one builds a standard chaos marine biker holding a bolt pistol in one hand and the other hand is holding the handle bar of the bike. Does this mean that during the shooting phase the biker can fire his twin linked bolters (on the bike) and also fire his bolt pistol.

Deceiver replied that only one weapon could be fired, either the twin linked bolter or the bolt pistol...not both. At first I accepted this answer but I have given it some more thought and unless I'm being completely stupid (please let me know if I am) I still don't understand.

If a bike (fast vehicle) moves 12" the rules state that the bike can still fire it's main weapon (twin linked bolter). The rules also state that if a model moves it can fire a pistol once up to 12". Therefore I thought that a biker would have been able to move 12", fire it's main weapon and also the rider would be able to shoot his pistol. Afterall, troops can fire from moving vehicles such as a Rhino for example as long as they follow the rules i.e. troops still count as moving whilst on board a transport and therefore a heavy weapon could not be fired if the vehicle moves 6" or 12" but a bolter could fire.

Another way of looking at this is that a standard biker is simply an assault marine (one BP and one CCW) on a bike. As soon as he gets on the bike his toughness increases to 5 and he still has his BP & CCW. The bike moves him into battle instead of on foot so surely he can still use his BP aswell as the TLB on the bike.

Is their a specific part of the rule book that states a biker marine can not fire his BP aswell as the TLB on the bike in the shooting phase?

Mike

Please use the Edit button if you have something to add. Do not make pointless double-posts. Also, if you have already asked the question, you should not start a new thread to ask it again -G

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stabelizers FTW.. haha

·
Registered
120 Posts
oddly enough motorcycles once moving do not require any effort to continue to stay up. the gyroscopic motion of the wheels keeps it upright, in fact the only thing you need hands to do is turn it(as long as it has sufficient momentum)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts