Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Biggest BS

5K views 71 replies 32 participants last post by  bobg 
#1 ·
Throughout the 40k world there are the crazy nut jobs who think they can get away with anything. Just things that are so far off the rules you know they are made up.

So I played this 15 year old kid whom I had seen a lot around GW, he is playing SM. So first turn i'm taking out his rhinos with rail guns. And I rolled an explosion on the chart and he says I can't do that... Naturally I draw up a question mark above my head. So I ask him sarcastically why I can't do that, and he says he has like some special defense against it. I was like wtf...? And he says rhinos get it free, and so going along with it as a joke i said lemme see your codex, and in the rule page of the rhino, written on a piece of notebook paper taped into the codex says this rule. I started laughing and got the staff and they gently said that he couldn't do that. But, that was the most BS i have ever seen.

#2 ·
well, i had a guy try to tell me he was going to use the bottom of the dice to read off :) the same guy went 370-ish points over and told us it had been checked by a GT officail :)

#3 ·
Some guy once came to a match i'd arrange with his army.

He had about 7 Heavy supports and 1 troop choice.

Literally he was playing tau, and had taken like 4 HH's a Skyray and like 2/3 squads of Battlesuits, with 1 squad of firewarriors.

I was just like, Erm, hang on mate; and he followed on to tell me that Tau had a special rule that meant they could take unlimited HS, as they are so good with supreme technology.

I then proceeding to pack my toys away, calling BS and going home.

What an asshole.

#5 ·
us: you have to many points

him: no i only have one chapter master

us: i call bullshit, you have two chapter masters

him: i have one, honest

Us: then what's that. *points at second chapter master*

him: he's an objective

us: riighhtt, an objective that moves shoots and calls down orbital bormbardments

the best part is he lost that match

#6 ·
i had a kid tell me that marneus calgar had pretty much every special rule and had 15 powerfist attacks striking at Initiative 6, i proceeded to nicely tell him he was full of shit

#9 ·
I had someone, not that long ago, drag LoS back into 4th ed. during a tourney. '1 guy from my unit can see you, so that means the heavy bolter that is behind this mass of trees can also shoot even if he can't see because he is in the same unit'... No TLoS at all, very obviously and admitted by the player, but he insists.

I called over the GW tourney Judge.

GW Judge: 'Yes, he is right, he can shoot you with the heavy bolter because at least one of the models in his unit can see you...'

Me: 'But this is 5th ed., and we use TLoS now...'

GW Judge: 'No, I just told you how it works. Get playing or else...'

This guy is a store manager by the way.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the game mercilessly exploiting his version of the rules: holding whole units behind walls with only a single model looking out. I kicked his little arse so hard. He was far too young for the tourney and GW were taking a real liberty in letting him enter (they even lent him most of the models for his army).

GW are shit at running events, I have yet to see a good one, but that is a rant for another day...

#11 ·
Well I am currently re learning how to play, the other week I was in my FLGS and a lad asked me to play, he was only about 16 but I said yes as any gaming time to me was an advantage at learning how to play, I told him I was very rusty and would need help with rules e.t.c. and he insisted he would teach me as we play.

What a liar he was, and if it wasn't for a random guy walking past and overhearing something he said then he would of got away with it, the worst part was.

He failed a difficult terrain test with his sorceror with lash, who had one wound left, rolled a 1 but insisted he could use his power, thus pulling my Death Guard squad closer and then assaulting me, before the wound was allocated and killing him. After been pulled up about it he said OK fair enough, I'll roll a dice, on a 1 - 3 my Sorc dies and doesn;t get to shoot/magic/assault and on a 4 - 6 he does. I said on a roll of 1 - 6 I'm packing my stuff away and waiting for a mature gamer to teach me/play properly and respectfully and not taking me for a mugg. The random guy offered to play me and he did so and I learned a lot, I still lost but he was great sportsmanship.

#12 ·
to be fair, the dude who i'cve mentioned a lot in this thread tried to take me for a fool the other day, by trying to tell me how my own dex works:)

and then as i don't know the marine dex that well he tried to make his units better til i actually asked someone, who was better than him, suddenly the rules were playable and fair.

#15 ·
Not BS but definitely biggest douche ever

I was playing this kid at GW he's about 15 so I thought it was all good. Then I kill his troop choices and take all the objectives to win and guess what the mother fucker does. He picks up my runepriest that took a total of 5 hours to assemble convert and paint AND THREW IT ACROSS THE ROOM. My model shattered all the pieces that were put on all the greenstuff, everything flew off the model and went everywhere.

Now I'm a pacifist so obviously my response was that I punched the mother fucker in the face, and put him on the ground

#19 ·
i had one person fire all 7 plasma guns at my landraider after telling that he can't harm it, expalined why he can't halm it and then laughed to my self when 2 of his marines vaporised them selves for nothing.

#21 ·
Previsiosly I had a Necron Guy try to tell me that My Broadside battlesuits (I Played tau once) who had managed to successfully wound and kill the Nightbringer shots didnt count and he allocated them to the scarabs around him so they all dies but then he layed them all out again and said that the Tomb spider can instantly lay out scarabs so I have to kill it first and that the Nightbringer isnt dead (My Broadsides also had the high ground and he was in the open) then for good measure he moves A unit of scarabs around the Tomb spider.

As a result I told him very plainly to well...... looked like this :threaten:
Packed up and left

#23 ·
DUDE! Punctuation!

Seriously, hard to follow your ideas here. Nightbringer is an MC that can't join other units, fair enough. The Tomb Spyder can create (in its own turn) units of Scarabs, with which it forms a coherent unit. So that one is a bit different.

Could you order your thoughts, and/or their presentation, more clearly?

#22 ·
I once played a person who when Fuegan charged his Sentinel then told me that in his turn since it was a vehicle it could walk out of combat. He did not get far because being a tiny store everyone heard and just started laughing at the guy. Dude became pretty embarrassed by it!

#28 ·
Contrary to most other form memebers posts, where they are hoodwinked or agrevaited by newer player, my instance of BS occured when I was a bitter yet inexperianced 16 year old first learning the game.

You see I was playing a 4 way game with my brand new CSM's, and I was facing of against a ork player on the far left of my deployment zone, knowing what to expect from orks I hid my defiler 45" away on the far right behind a building. Now I will spare you the details, but the ork player (Being a complete ass hole) took advantage of my inexperience in the game, and told my that my battle cannon was at str4 against any model that wasn't under the center whole.... keep in mind the gamer in question was 22, and had been playing for 3+year, while I was on my 10th game since I started collecting my army. Needless to say I feel he did this do to the fact a complete novice had almost vaporized his crappy speed freaks list on the approach, and he probably thought to himself how he can beat me with the 20 plus surviving orks he had left (So he cheated). Still the game did end in a tie.

Still if I ever see him playing anywhere near Regina in the near future I am going to grab the biggest most expensive looking ork model he has on the table, and grind it to gray dust in my hand, and if he tries to retaliate I will ram my fist so far up his ass he will be shitting fingers!

#30 ·
and if he tries to retaliate I will ram my fist so far up his ass he will be shitting fingers!
:shok:
I think that would end badly for both of you!

i think i bs'ed a guy yesterday accidently, i could of sworn all wounds were allocated to the gun drones first including blast wounds. oh well.
Don't really understand what you're saying, but you choose where the wounds go.
Allocate one wound to each model until each one has a wound, or until you're out of wounds to allocate; you choose the order; then you repeat the process.

#29 ·
i think i bs'ed a guy yesterday accidently, i could of sworn all wounds were allocated to the gun drones first including blast wounds. oh well.

you all know soame wankers, no-one has been banned from ours yet, but its relatively new

#43 ·
I have experienced little BS in since my return to the hobby six months or so ago. I suppose I am lucky compared to the consensus that the damned BSers are everywhere.

However, what I did experience was that it was Turn 5 and I was holding three objectives. All of a sudden, my opponents Rhino's started moving front to back, and they had assault ramps!

That was good.

#45 ·
Had this one player with some years of experience take something like 20 Thousand Son guys in a 4 way 500pt game. He was playing against my friend's wive's sister's son :grin: and he was just starting.

He was using some kind of odd chaos power that let you reroll wounds or hits...but the way he was using it was rerolling everything coming at him and his blasts against enemies. So he was quickly annihilating this new player while another player and I were going it until we both realized what he was doing.

After that it was a 3v1 game that we let him cheat, didn't save him in the end and he's now banned from my buddies house.

#48 ·
Wow some of these stories really blow me away. I'm trying to imagine how I'd react if someone picked up one of my models and deliberately smashed it. That level of asshattery is literally beyond my comprehension.

When I first started playing way back in the Rogue Trader days my friends and I BSed a lot of stuff, although we never played at gaming stores. We just played in a game room at my place and never bothered with things like army lists.

Picture, if you will, my Space Marine squad running across the field, all with Cameleoline on their armor (for that -1 to hit) and the sergeant carrying a vortex grenade. Meanwhile, My custom Land Raider (made from an M-1 Tank model kit) supported them with a Distortion Cannon mounted on top.

Yeah, looking back it's embarrassing but we did know it was BS but didn't really care since we only played each other.

Ah, memories.

#49 ·
As to all the "They broke my model" stories:

I can't believe people do this. If this ever happened to me i'd bust a nut. Then bust both if theirs.

As for the biggest BS moment i've had: A guy tried to tell me that Genestealers have the "Beast" special rule in addition to the "Fleet" rule they already have. Hahahaha, i read your codex! NO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.