Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
So much anger on these boards...

My biggest BS story is recently. Playing against a Tau player with my Chaos Marines, we agree to play a 2000 point game. Now the guys at the gaming store told me he cheats, so I was on the lookout anyway, but he proceeds to ask me if I've ever played against Tau before. Big warning signs. I tell him I played in a league that had a Tau player, thinking that would keep him honest. Nope. He proceeds to use 48" marker lights, runs a list of over 3000 points, and several times 'forgets' which unit had which piece of wargear.

I give everyone one chance and he really blew his.

I've been lucky in that I've never really had trouble with other players trying to pull a fast one on me. It helps that I know all the codices and rules well though. When it comes up I politely and assertively tell them how it works and point them to a page reference. I'm also 6'6", so no one really gives me that much hassle if they can avoid it.

we have a dude who spouts rules at everyone all the time. He's about 6' 6. my friend was seriously about to punch him in store when he kept repeating the phrase. need sixes to hit, need sixes to hit. :)

we have a dude who spouts rules at everyone all the time. He's about 6' 6. my friend was seriously about to punch him in store when he kept repeating the phrase. need sixes to hit, need sixes to hit. :)
Would only have required 5 for your friend to hit him :laugh:

"I'll get my coat" :blush:

I once played against sombody who took a BA army. It was really unfair, he said it was a legal codex but I didnt believe him because it certainly was BS through and through :)

And mephiston certainly sounded like he was made up by a 13 year fanboy.

Would only have required 5 for your friend to hit him :laugh:

"I'll get my coat" :blush:
LOL. yeah you get out :)
And mephiston certainly sounded like he was made up by a 13 year fanboy.
HOW DO YOU KNOW. TELL ME. :>)

In my old games group (see this thread for why i don't play there any more) there was in IG player who was....shall we say loose with his measuring for movement. He would measure from the front of vehicles and then place the back of the vehicle on the measured point, gaining him the whole width of the unit to his movement, he used to do this with guard squads too, sometimes setting them in a column and claiming that it was allowed as it represented the fact that marching in column is a faster advance. I called BS and made him read the section of the rulesbook aloud. The next week he tried the same thing again with another person. Next time i played him he tried it again and said that i was being too fussy and that it wouldn't make that much difference to the outcome of the game. I fielded some units of 30 orks and started using his own method of moving agfainst him....he stopped shortly afterwards.

Though he did then write an armylist for skaven in 40k...called the Ratten. basically space marines at IG prices with some of the ork self destructive weaponary....i refused to play against it.

Though he did then write an armylist for skaven in 40k...called the Ratten. basically space marines at IG prices with some of the ork self destructive weaponary....i refused to play against it.
I wonder why???????:don-t_mention:

shall we say loose with his measuring for movement. He would measure from the front of vehicles and then place the back of the vehicle on the measured point, gaining him the whole width of the unit to his movement,
I've done that by mistake before. But I always notice, and move them back to the right point.

He sounds like a right idiot though :)

This dude tried to pull a fast one one my friend the other day, moved his landraider 24" backwards and forwards, shot everthing and blamed it on POTMS

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.