Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Teamwork, I said it too :p
I saw that after I posted.
I have that problem with certain individuals at my local game shops, and like I said, really wish it would go into a FAQ for those who don't realize the chain-sword is a special weapon.

I have experienced little BS in since my return to the hobby six months or so ago. I suppose I am lucky compared to the consensus that the damned BSers are everywhere.

However, what I did experience was that it was Turn 5 and I was holding three objectives. All of a sudden, my opponents Rhino's started moving front to back, and they had assault ramps!

That was good.

Had this one player with some years of experience take something like 20 Thousand Son guys in a 4 way 500pt game. He was playing against my friend's wive's sister's son :grin: and he was just starting.

He was using some kind of odd chaos power that let you reroll wounds or hits...but the way he was using it was rerolling everything coming at him and his blasts against enemies. So he was quickly annihilating this new player while another player and I were going it until we both realized what he was doing.

After that it was a 3v1 game that we let him cheat, didn't save him in the end and he's now banned from my buddies house.

Transform and roll out!
Face palm

I heard 1 just the other day with one person saying "Your landraider can't drive thoguth that ruin as all your men are on the top level and he will run them over" The store manager quickly called him out on his BS says "a Landraider would not drive up the steps, along the top, down the other steps and then thoguth the door....he would plow straigth thought the wall."

Face palm
:grin:

I heard 1 just the other day with one person saying "Your landraider can't drive thoguth that ruin as all your men are on the top level and he will run them over" The store manager quickly called him out on his BS says "a Landraider would not drive up the steps, along the top, down the other steps and then thoguth the door....he would plow straigth thought the wall."
Yeah, it'd probably break the building and cause all the guys to fall off :laugh:

Wow some of these stories really blow me away. I'm trying to imagine how I'd react if someone picked up one of my models and deliberately smashed it. That level of asshattery is literally beyond my comprehension.

When I first started playing way back in the Rogue Trader days my friends and I BSed a lot of stuff, although we never played at gaming stores. We just played in a game room at my place and never bothered with things like army lists.

Picture, if you will, my Space Marine squad running across the field, all with Cameleoline on their armor (for that -1 to hit) and the sergeant carrying a vortex grenade. Meanwhile, My custom Land Raider (made from an M-1 Tank model kit) supported them with a Distortion Cannon mounted on top.

Yeah, looking back it's embarrassing but we did know it was BS but didn't really care since we only played each other.

Ah, memories.

As to all the "They broke my model" stories:

I can't believe people do this. If this ever happened to me i'd bust a nut. Then bust both if theirs.

As for the biggest BS moment i've had: A guy tried to tell me that Genestealers have the "Beast" special rule in addition to the "Fleet" rule they already have. Hahahaha, i read your codex! NO!

I have only been BS'd once that I can remember. I was playing a guy and we decided to play 2000pts game and since his buddy (who I didnt klnow was his buddy at the time,) wasnt playing we let him set up the terrain, it conveniently had 3 funnel points. Now he starts to pull out his army and to my suprise it consists of a full Space Marine Battle Company!!!! I ask him about it and he asures me that it's legal and that it's under 2000, well lets just say those 3 funnel points were pretty handy against my Blood Angel, tabled in 3 turns!!! Now I always ask to see lists of I suspect BS.

As to people being perma-banned from my local GW I only know of one. It was a 16 year old kid who kept bringing printed off codexes even when the staff kept warning him about it.:nono:

I'm sure there's bigger BS but I can't remember it now. Anyway the biggest I can think of is back in 3rd Edition Dark Angels Ravenwings had a Jink special rule that gave them a 6+ invulnerable save. This only applied to Ravenwing members (bikes and landspeeders). So this DA player actually told my friend that because he had a squad of Ravenwing in his DA army the ENTIRE army got the 6+ invulnerable save. I guess he figured his DA Space Marines were characters out of the Matrix movies, dodging bullets and what not.

To add to the model breaking stories and the perma-ban. The old game store I use to play in had a short hallway to the left of the entrance and each gaming room was connected to this hallway. So you could literally walk down the hallway and view people playing games. So anyway our friend was playing this Chaos Space Marine player who we had never seen before. This fat fuck had been a real asshole throughout the game, even shushing us whenever we spoke (note we were in another room wargaming!). Now our friend told us he said he hated playing with his Land Raider because it never does anything and always gets blown up. So in Turn 3 my friend blows his Land Raider up with a random Missile Launcher shot from his IG (he literally rolled 6 to hit, 6+8 to glance and because it was 3rd edition he rolled the 6 on the glancing chart to blow up the LR). The fat idiot goes ballistic and punt kicks his Land Raider out the room. Unfortunately for him it strikes our other friend's girlfriend right in the head. The store owner who was our friend permanently banned his ass, because he had just made a rule about a month earlier about people throwing models around the store. A kid had been hit with a metal model and his mom was actually threatening to sue the store. We never saw the smelly bastard again, but we still laugh about it to this day.

I can not imagine what someone is thinking when they pick up someone elses model and throw it. These stories blow my mind. I accidently droped a plastic ork boy the other day and it landed on one of my opponents bikers bending the antina slightly....and I felt like a complete ass hole just for that.

I can not imagine what someone is thinking when they pick up someone elses model and throw it. These stories blow my mind. I accidently droped a plastic ork boy the other day and it landed on one of my opponents bikers bending the antina slightly....and I felt like a complete ass hole just for that.
This.
The mind boggles that people can be so utterly disrespectful of other people's property, ESPECIALLY when they play a game with expensive fragile models.

no-one in my LGS has respect for my models, every single battlesuit and tank has been wrecked along with about twenty fire warriors :(

the first one, i'd of crushed theirs in return if i thought it was purposeful.

I hate when other people touch my models in the first place. I have always treated them gingerly like babies, or something. Always trying to place them right in their case in the car, and so forth. I suppose I am lucky that I play with a group of nice individuals. I feel bad for the ones that are rude and careless. Even if it is by accident, it is still rude.

Honestly, bobg, just ban them from touching your models. There are nice ways of doing it without sounding like a dick.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.