Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Biggest BS

5K views 71 replies 32 participants last post by  bobg 
I had someone, not that long ago, drag LoS back into 4th ed. during a tourney. '1 guy from my unit can see you, so that means the heavy bolter that is behind this mass of trees can also shoot even if he can't see because he is in the same unit'... No TLoS at all, very obviously and admitted by the player, but he insists.

I called over the GW tourney Judge.

GW Judge: 'Yes, he is right, he can shoot you with the heavy bolter because at least one of the models in his unit can see you...'

Me: 'But this is 5th ed., and we use TLoS now...'

GW Judge: 'No, I just told you how it works. Get playing or else...'

This guy is a store manager by the way.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the game mercilessly exploiting his version of the rules: holding whole units behind walls with only a single model looking out. I kicked his little arse so hard. He was far too young for the tourney and GW were taking a real liberty in letting him enter (they even lent him most of the models for his army).

GW are shit at running events, I have yet to see a good one, but that is a rant for another day...

Previsiosly I had a Necron Guy try to tell me that My Broadside battlesuits (I Played tau once) who had managed to successfully wound and kill the Nightbringer shots didnt count and he allocated them to the scarabs around him so they all dies but then he layed them all out again and said that the Tomb spider can instantly lay out scarabs so I have to kill it first and that the Nightbringer isnt dead (My Broadsides also had the high ground and he was in the open) then for good measure he moves A unit of scarabs around the Tomb spider.

As a result I told him very plainly to well...... looked like this :threaten:
Packed up and left
DUDE! Punctuation!

Seriously, hard to follow your ideas here. Nightbringer is an MC that can't join other units, fair enough. The Tomb Spyder can create (in its own turn) units of Scarabs, with which it forms a coherent unit. So that one is a bit different.

Could you order your thoughts, and/or their presentation, more clearly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.