Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: Newly updated, pictures at the bottom.

A week or two ago, I won my first local competition, and 100 bucks store credit with it, So I bought the stompa kit I have been lusting over since I started playing. (Rather then anything that would be tactically viable of course)

My stompa, or "Big Zog" is going to be entirely crewed by Gretchin, with not a single ork modeled anywhere on it, (not even the wicked cool stompa kap'n) I've bought a couple Gretchin squads and never used them, so they along with the ones in the kit will give me +20 grots to put to work on different parts of the stompa.

Right now I have just begun the head and main body, and am busy drilling out port holes in the stompas sides for lil guys to fire grot blastas out of. I'll keep this updated with pictures, but right now I just wanted to start.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day 1 buildin' da stompa, heres the assembled head, although perhaps not finalized, I'm using a zapgun barrel for the "Gaze of Mork" also it just looks cool.

The body is still totally un-glyphed and detailed, mostly just drillin holes in it and placing grot scenes.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Somewhere else on this forum was someone with an all grot army. Add this to an all grot army and people would take it very seriously indeed. Very cool idea. Started off well too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I already like the idea of a grot stompa (tbh I think Grots are cooler than Orks!!!)
Might have to remember this in case I'd ever start a grot-army! :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pictures of Big Zog comin' up shortly, His arms are almost finished.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the epically late update, I've been working on Big Zog I just haven't snapped any pictures.

Here is the main body showing some of the whacky guns sticking out, as well as a grot with a hammer trying to unstick the stolen demolisher cannon (at least I think thats what it is)

and the second picture is the barrel mounted "tracer gun" with the grot sidecar pointing the big guns where to shoot, I'm pretty proud of that one.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also! here are some pictures of the mostly painted head, and the completed titan CCW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts