Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to make a pure IG for the competitive scene. Not for making friends. Also need to make room for an Ageis Defense Line with Quad Cannon

CCS with Standard, Lascannon, Astropath and Chimera (Multi Laser and Heavy Bolter) 170
Lord Commissar with Power Weapon and Carapace Armor 90
Vets with 3 plasma guns (In vendetta) 115
Vets with 3 melta guns (In vendetta) 100
Vets with 3 melta guns (In vendetta) 100
PCS with Autocannon, grenade launcher and Chimera (Multi Laser and Heavy Flamer) 100
Infantry Squad with Autocannon, Grenade Launcher and Commissar 100
Infantry Squad with Autocannon and Grenade Launcher 65
Infantry Squad with Autocannon and Grenade Launcher 65
Heavy Weapons Squad with Autocannons 75
Heavy Weapons Squad with Autocannons 75
Heavy Weapons Squad with Lascannons 115
Heavy Weapons Squad with Lascannons 115
Vendetta 130
Vendetta 130
Vendetta 130
Griffon Squadron (3) each with a hull mounted heavy flamer 225
Griffon Squadron (3) each with a hull mounted heavy flamer 225
Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron (2) each with sponson Heavy Bolters and hull Heavy Flamer 340

35 points free.

CCS forms the anchor. Sits in Chimera with Lord Commissar to provide morale bonus. Ld 10 to everyone around them and rerolls for pinning and morale checks. LD10 used mostly for heavy weapons teams. "Bring it Down" for Lascannon teams against MC's or heavy vehicles.

Vets in vendettas are fairly self explanatory.

Platoon blobs up and used the single commissar buried in the middle. PCS follows behind blob and uses "move move move". Or they sit back in deployment zone and fire away grenade launchers and autocannons.

Artillery and Russes all have Heavy Flamers to clear out deployment zone. They are a last ditch effort really. Say my blob is elsewhere or dead and my deployment zone is full of bugs or orcs... or whatever really. 9 Templates will clear them out fast. Better them than snap fire a heavy bolter and get a lucky shot from time to time.

Its a gunline army. Boring I know. What advice do you have for this list?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts