Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we were playing a game the other day, there was a narrow choke point and a wave serpent died there with its front "wings" closing the narrow passage and stopping the bikers that killed it from passing.
Now how about big models like titans, knights, contemptors that would be able to easily trample or simply step over the terrain, can they move over it? If there is a tiny house in front of my Knight can he step over it like he would do in "real life"? Or he has to go all the way around it?
So basic question is, logically big model's wouldn't be slowed by small terrain but game mechanics prevent them from passing over a tiny shed?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
If the Wave Serpent is wrecked it's dangerous terrain and can be gone over just like any other terrain.

And the game is an abstraction of "reality" (or reality as the setting knows it), so of course rules tend to not line up with things perfectly. In the case of buildings, he'd probably have to go around it (since he can't climb it and isn't a model with a jump pack). That said you guys could always house rule things if you really want.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I would find a house rule for those situations.

Personally I think that If the terrain piece's height is 50%, or more, of the models legs/hips/bottom of belly then the model cannot move over it (without penalty)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the Wave Serpent is wrecked it's dangerous terrain and can be gone over just like any other terrain.

And the game is an abstraction of "reality" (or reality as the setting knows it), so of course rules tend to not line up with things perfectly. In the case of buildings, he'd probably have to go around it (since he can't climb it and isn't a model with a jump pack). That said you guys could always house rule things if you really want.
Well I guess we played the rules wrong but for a long time we assumed wrecked vehicles are impassable terrain.
Ye but if the terrain is small enough for a model to logically step over? I guess there is no rule for that and has to be house ruled.
I would find a house rule for those situations.

Personally I think that If the terrain piece's height is 50%, or more, of the models legs/hips/bottom of belly then the model cannot move over it (without penalty)
Ye makes sense to me aswell, we tried to play it like that but he argued that its bullshit coz we dint let his bikes pass over.

Another question is, if my models base is bigger then a narrow passage (about rhino's width in both length and width. ) can he pass through it to the other side?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Wrecked vehicles are difficult and dangerous terrain. We determine all other terrain by agreement before the game.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wrecked vehicles are difficult and dangerous terrain. We determine all other terrain by agreement before the game.
Well I guess we house ruled that awhile back and forgot that we actually did that. :victory:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts