Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a competitive Big Mek army going, if only because I really like using Deff Dredds.

Anyway, this is what I've come up with:

HQ: Big Mek with Powerklaw, Kustom Force Field, Cybork Body & Eavy Armour – 125 points.
Big Mek with Powerklaw, Kustom Mega-Blasta, Bosspole, Cybork Body & Eavy Armour – 95 points.
Deff Dredd with 4 Close Combat arms – 105 points.
20 Sluggas, 2 Big Shootas, Nob with Powerklaw & Bosspole – 170 points.
20 Sluggas, 2 Big Shootas, Nob with Powerklaw & Bosspole – 170 points.
20 Shootas, 2 Big Shootas, Nob with Powerklaw & Bosspole – 170 points.
8 Lootas – 120 points.
8 Lootas – 120 points.

Basically its the standard Ork plan of running at the enemy with a bit of fire support from the Lootas and five great big fire magnets to draw away enemy fire. Before now I've found that my army is a bit to slow, but try as I might I can't bring myself to use Speed Freeks, so I'm trying Big Mek.

The Shootas will hold rear objectives, aided by the Lootas whilst the rest of the army pushes forward. The Deff Dredds I've used before them (four usually) have tended to make the game for me. I've yet to lose all of them in a game, so five should do even better, at least that's what I hope.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like alot of fun. 7 or 8 base attacks for each dread is murder.

You should probably go the cheese route and give both meks KFFs for a proper Ork walker wall.
Drop the power Klaw from the Bik Mek.
Kustom Mega-Blasta’s are just junk they will kill your Bik Mek.
Either make all your boyz shoota’s or drop the big shoota’s from the slugga boyz.
And you should also try to free 180 points up so all three boy mobs can be 30 strong.

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
More boyz, more firepower, and increased durability. This might work for you.

Big Mek w/KFF
Big Mek w/PK&BP

Lootas x 15

Shootas x 30 w/(Place PK Big Mek here)
Shootas x 30 w/nob, PK&BP
Shootas x 30 w/nob, PK&BP

Dread w/DCCW x 3 & skorcha
Dread w/DCCW x 3 & skorcha
Dread w/DCCW x 4
Dread w/DCCW x 4
Dread w/DCCW x 4

OBGOG

Edit: Executed a boyz nob freeing up some points and replacing him with a PK Big Mek which gave that mob an extra boy. Also freed up some pts. for an extra DCCW, oh and 3 Lootas.. :so_happy:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PIX! PIX NAO!
Okay:

I've painted up the second Deffwraith since, but I've yet to take any pictures. I'll find the time later today to photograph both Deffwraith I and Deffwraith II together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts