Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi there all.

I started the hobby around one year ago and as for the forum activity I have been taking it more seriously for about a week and a half. I have started the blog on my new Eldar army but I get no feedback at all there. I decided to make the Project log and the blog in parallel. There are still projects I do that are not related to the Eldar as I am painting SM and Orkz for a friend.

I will today post more entries from my blog to get the feedback and after that I will keep you posted on my advance towards 1500 pts Army.

Next entries will be on Warp Spiders, Dire Avengers and Harlequins.

Hope this time I have found the right place for what I am looking for :p.

There we go finally the pictures of my first eldar models.

I have painted them with a black undercoat.
With white and not green as the main colours.

here goes the pictures

View attachment 11084

View attachment 11085

View attachment 11086

View attachment 11087

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Harlequin Troupe Master

Ha!

Almost two days it took me to paint his guy.

1) This is the HTM primed with white undercoat
View attachment 11088 View attachment 11089

2)Next I have applied the black with the "dimond" shape on the interior of the HTM's coat. And Aces on the back.
View attachment 11090 View attachment 11091

3) Here You can see the first colours I have put on the model. I used Turqoise and Purple for the dimonds, orange, purple and turquoise for the ribbons. Red and orange for the hair.
View attachment 11101 View attachment 11092

4) You can see that the dimonds, hair and ribbons have been highlited. I have also put some gloss varnish on the back of the cape in order to protect it while I still manipulate the model.
View attachment 11093 View attachment 11094

the close-up for the dimond pattern
View attachment 11095

5) Here You can see the back and the front with the gun and other metallic parts almost done
View attachment 11096 View attachment 11097

6)The pictures of finished model
View attachment 11098 View attachment 11099 View attachment 11100

c&c more than welcome

I have many more pictures over 30 of almost all stages.
It is the first model with so many "free hand" details I have done, and to be honest I am pretty proud :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dire Avengers Exarch

Here You will find the pics of my DA Exarch.

I have given him dual shuriken catapults but I really wanted to include the spear on the model.

As You can see (hopefully) the spear is put behind the Exarch as a part of a base.

1) I have base coated the model with scull white spray to start with.
View attachment 11102 View attachment 11103
2) On the next step I have applied the Snot Green on the armor and the black on guns and face. When it has dried I have applied a dark green wash on the green parts.
View attachment 11104 View attachment 11105
3) I painted the stones, swords and spear blade with warlock purple and added black on the helm
View attachment 11106 View attachment 11107
4) I added orange and covered it with yellow on the helm and the banner. I have applied the brow on guns and some parts of the equipment preparing it for the layer of bronze (metallic)

5) I highlighted armor with two layers of mixed snot green with yellow.
View attachment 11108 View attachment 11109
6) I washed the brown and bronze elements with devlan mud, and finally highlighted them with silver.

7) I added the silver details on the guns and highlighted them with grey.

8) I applied the mix of warlock purple and white on the stones and then applied the wash: mix of 1:1 Baal red and asurmen blue with a tiny dot of silver paint (just to get the extra glitter on them. Same wash was applied on the sword and spear blade.

9) I have applied the details on the banner and used the gloss varnish on the stones and sword and spear blades.

10) I have prepared the base with some grass, a bit of vine cork and little balls form the medicine pack (they used to be in the cap of medicine container no idea why)

11) I have finished the spear with a green wash on the handle and silver and bronze on the other parts

12) Finally I have made some touchups with white and the model was ready to reattach to the base
View attachment 11110 View attachment 11111 View attachment 11112 View attachment 11113

I know that I probably miss 4-5 photos for the stages but I will do better next time.

Tell me what You think about the model and description provided.
Do not hesitate to PM me if You have any questions.

Thanks for reading.

Siskin.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Mate, they are great. I love the warp spiders and you have done an excellent job with the Harlequin! The only reason I don't have any of those bad boys is because I couldn't do them justice, but you have!

My only comment is try and be a bit more careful with the eyes on that Dire Avenger. Other than that, these look amazing.

+rep

Rev

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Nice clean painting mate. I really like the warp spiders, and the free-hands on the harley are really excellent.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the comments and rep!
@TheReveren i sure will next time

This weekend I ahve painted the apethecary for SM but I will try to squeeze some painting during the week. More Harlequins and DA are waiting to be painted also on Thursday I am picking up a Shadowseer and a Farseer for my army. I am so impatient to put my hands on them :p .

Again thnx for the comments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is just to let you know what I am up to :p

I am painting and doing a slight convertion to my friends deffkopta
I have re-done an Apothecary and I am working on my DA squad.
In two days I am picking upa a Shadowseer and Farseer so probably will be jumping to painting those :D i just love painting the characters.

I will poste photos once I get hte batteries for my camera :p.

That is it for now.

Siskin

·
Registered
174 Posts
Friggin awesome looking Eldar you got there I rarely rep but this is a good occasion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
They Harley is very well done. The only thing that jumps out is the white on the warpspider looks a bit thick on the model. Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank You all for kind words and constructive critique: D
@Djinn24 Yes I know that - that is why I have decided to go with white basecoat (as you can see on my Exarch).

I have been practicing my white (will post pics of the apothecary)
I have almost done with the deffkopta and I have done another DA.

Pics will be coming this afternoon

Siskin

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So there goes the pictures:

First in the list is my first bigger conversion of a Black Reach deffkopta
I have added two grechins from biker and loota box. I have also made a buzz saw with a grabbing claw from battlewago set.

Tell me what do you think about this.

View attachment 11216

View attachment 11217

View attachment 11218

View attachment 11219

View attachment 11229

View attachment 11230

This is some pics of the apothecary I made him to practise my white.

View attachment 11231
View attachment 11232
View attachment 11233
View attachment 11234
This is my sad lonely DA. Yeah I have managed to do just one next time I will post sth about this squad it will be done :p.

View attachment 11235
View attachment 11236
View attachment 11237

I know that two of those are not related to Biel-Tan but I did not want to start another thread just to post the kopta. Tell me if it is ok with you to mix some other things in here.

C&C welcome

I will be leaving now to getm me some WaveSerpants and HQ :D can't wait to paint some bigger units.

stay tunned for my paintedf Fareseer and WS :D

Siskin

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I really like how clean your DA came out. The crest is very niecly done and the green armor is highlighted nicely.

I really like the Deffkopta. It is something only an ork could get off the ground and flying, but it is definitely crumping.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As I said I went today to GW and... well I have decided to enter the painting competition. It is on the local level so why not?
Now I would very much appreciate the advice, I have to paint one HQ choice model from W40K (can be WFB) do you have any suggestions? (I ahve about a month for picking up a model and painting)

Thanks for reading

@Midge thanks I thought that it looks Orky if u know what i mean :D

Siskin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Paint a farseer. One it will fit your army, two they can look seriously badass if done right, three, there are a lot of techniques you can master on a farseer.

Nice to see things are coming along nicely on your end. I am painting my aspects in more traditional colors but yours look great in the non traditional!

1 - 20 of 134 Posts