Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Seems that way, sadly enough. While I respect peoples different tastes in music.... why? The crap a lot of people listen to nowadays.... Its garbage. In my opinion anyway. I hate most of the music that seems so popular now. Rap, Pop, Hip Hop.... fuck it all. If given the choice between those, and country, I'd much rather listen to Country, and I don't care much for country music. I don't hate it. I just don't like it. Give me metal. I'll be good then.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Ugh. Music is a pretty good indicator of what a person's mentality is like.

If this is really this popular... Fuck me I don't wanna see the future. :suicide:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Fuck me hard in the brain. Make this disappear. Lobotomize me with a 30 inch slaaneshi giant monstercock.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Ugh. Music is a pretty good indicator of what a person's mentality is like.

If this is really this popular... Fuck me I don't wanna see the future. :suicide:
I am not sure that is factual. And I am not trying to call you on anything I am actually genuinely curious how you came about that belief.

Actually now that I really think about what you said, yes I think I would have to agree for the most part. But do you think that it is more true if you look at people who listen to certain music stereotypically or just overall?

There are always exceptions to the rule, just in this case I think you are right more than wrong.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If someone tells me they like this sort of cheap, commercial rubbish I just assume they don't really like music and make a mental note never to speak to them about music ever again.

I might be a music snob to some degree, but I disagree with the notion that no one kind of music is better than any other kind. I think inherent quality does exist and the pop music Justin Beiber makes is cynically aimed at people who aren't really into music. Casual music fans who will like something for a few weeks then move onto the next fashionable fad

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
If someone tells me they like this sort of cheap, commercial rubbish I just assume they don't really like music and make a mental note never to speak to them about music ever again.

I might be a music snob to some degree, but I disagree with the notion that no one kind of music is better than any other kind. I think inherent quality does exist and the pop music Justin Beiber makes is cynically aimed at people who aren't really into music. Casual music fans who will like something for a few weeks then move onto the next fashionable fad
Following that line... then shouldn't inherent qualities, traits (or more loosely stereotypes) be displayed by all listeners of music and exist for every genre of music or in some cases noise?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Who cares? Each individual's music taste is their own. Let them listen to it. 4 million people who like him, 7.6Billion others who don't give that much of a toss, or feel direct antipathy towards the guy? Fair enough.

I don't "like" his music, and while I think the guy is a cunt, for gobbing on his fans, I really don't care for the hate he gets. He's what the Jackson 5 or the Osbournes or Beatles would be like, and I can't say I'm a particular fan of any of the 3.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
81 Posts
I cry on a daily basis that I live in the US for purely musical reasons. I go watch amazing bands like Enslaved with a 100-150 people, while unredeemable garbage like beiber sells out arenas...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
3.9 million? In the 90's that might have meant something. But today I don't think it does.

I can get whatever music I want on a nice youtube playlist on my phone that I can listen to.

All that shows is that people are stupid enough to pay for music instead of exploring the free legal options.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Nothing but a lucky little teenager who happen to become big off the shoulders of other giants. I'm sure that once he's done thanking his fans, and his mom, he'll probably go and snort crack. Maybe we can congratulate him on the number of future speeding tickets he will receive.

Seriously I must concur with Loli on this one guys.....something wrong here.

·
Registered
0 Posts
If this was true, I would be a scitzo, psycho, pothead by all the various musics I listen to, yet I am none. There is a South Park episode that explains the Boy Band phenom well.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Without Beiber, where would people with poor taste turn?

Never. Say. Nevaaaaaarrrrrrr!!!

The only think I ever heard was him say that right before a song while they were promoting something he was doing and that was all it took for me.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Who cares? Each individual's music taste is their own. Let them listen to it. 4 million people who like him, 7.6Billion others who don't give that much of a toss, or feel direct antipathy towards the guy? Fair enough.

I don't "like" his music, and while I think the guy is a cunt, for gobbing on his fans, I really don't care for the hate he gets. He's what the Jackson 5 or the Osbournes or Beatles would be like, and I can't say I'm a particular fan of any of the 3.
I'm with Vaz.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts