Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went into GW today to buy the Betrayer, a book I am itching to read, only to find that they have changed the size of the book, Why would they do this? not only does it fuck up my HH book collection, its also 4 Quid more, are they going to be printing it in pocket size format?, or have they decided to keep them big with the express purpose of annoying me?!!!!!!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
First they release them as Hardback "Collectors Editions" via the BL website and GW hobby centers.

Three months after that they release those god awful trade paperbacks.

Then about half a year after release (I think) they will release the normal paperback version.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Yeah I don't get the point of the trade paper-backs. Personally I don't find them any better, and if anything they feel like more of a hindrance considering how long I now have to wait to get more of the non trade paperbacks.

Plus you can't fit as many of those trade paperbacks on a shelf as the regular ones. Because I totally want to both spend more money on the same books AND need more space for them.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
It was an awful idea. I can't buy them as they won't fit with the rest of my set or on my bookcase

I asked in my local book store and supposedly betrayer is due in sensible form in august.
Not seen Angel exterminatus in regular format yet either

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Just displace your reading by 9 months or so and then you'll always be slightly behind, but you won't have to deal with the other versions. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Not seen Angel exterminatus in regular format yet either
I think I saw one copy of it once, but wasn't in a buying mood at the time. Oh hindsight, how I wish you were foresight sometimes.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I whole heartedly agree. The new format really pissed me off too. I will not buy it again and now I have to get two replacements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts