Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my Thunder hawks arrived, and i came to a conundrum- how do bases work?
does each 2X2 cm is one strength and a strength 3 wave consists of three of thees, or do I make one square to represent a strength three wave (say with three Thunder-hawks on it?)
they came with a few epic rectangle basses, should I use them?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I know a mate of mine uses them from his SM fleet, and he has them individually based as they each do a hit and run attack I think? They're a pain in the bum to play against, the amount of ork vessels I've had mashed from them :angry:

I think, they go one on each base. Not sure what the other bases are for like...

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
each base represents 1 strength of a wave, so if you launch a str3 wave of thunderhawks, you have 3 bases, the number of hawks on each of those bases makes no difference, it can be 1 or 100, it makes no difference to the amount of attacks each base gets individually.

you could use the epic strip bases, though I prefer 25mm square base from warhammer fantasy and pinning them in groups of 3 to the base with some rod

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
each base represents 1 strength of a wave, so if you launch a str3 wave of thunderhawks, you have 3 bases, the number of hawks on each of those bases makes no difference, it can be 1 or 100, it makes no difference to the amount of attacks each base gets individually.

you could use the epic strip bases, though I prefer 25mm square base from warhammer fantasy and pinning them in groups of 3 to the base with some rod
thanks, thats the answer I was looking for :)
i'll just make 20*20 mm plastic card, too be in sync with the game markers on the PDF's. usually in GW games, base size matters, and any way, I have card around, not fantasy bases.

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
best not to fly anything in front of them..
meh Nova cannons ain't that bad, there expensive to get or mounted on expensive ships, have quite a bit of minimum range, and the scatter is immense at long ranges, I mean 3D6 scatter over 60cm is quite nasty, and if there firing the template at fighters/bombers then there not shooting your cruisers or torpedoes.

plus not many fleets have Nova cannons, imperials have a few ships with them or who can upgrade with them, but if your opponent is a smart chap there not gonna waste points spamming them and reducing the imperial navy torpedo advantage.

Chaos can only take them if they have traitor imperial cruisers.
Eldar, no
Dark eldar, no
Orks, no
Tyranids, no
Chaos marines, no
Marines, no
Necrons...........well there are bigger things to worry about in a necron fleet to be honest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts