Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumours are already circulating about the contents of the coming sequel to Betrayal at Calth, another Horus Heresy boxset that will serve as the base for an army or an expansion to an already existing army.

Bell of Lost Souls said:
-Tartaros Terminators x 5
-Tartaros Terminator Officer
-MK III Breacher Marines x 10
-MK III Breacher Officer
-MK III Assault Marines x 10
-MK III Marines x 10
So overall it appears to be a Marine heavy box, but with much more variety to the available marines than Betrayal at Calth featured. Both Assault and Breacher Marines to fill an offensive and defensive role respectively, ten more MK III Marines that could be kitted out as support squads or added to the BaC Marines to push your army count up to forty Tactical marines. Five Tartaros Terminators means you can switch between Tartaros and Cataprachtii whenever you like, and the officers provide more options for Consuls or a commander if you are so inclined.

No Dreadnought or vehicle this round however, so it appears, and that is disappointing as it means your army will be primarily infantry. A wise move would be to add a Contemptor Dreadnought to this box, but make it an Assault-variant to keep with the theme, and the box becomes the perfect follow up to BaC.

LotN

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I honestly think that it already is a perfect addition to the BaC box. We already have a dreddy, i'd rather have 10 breacher marines than another walker... with the legions rules we always field more marines than walkers anyway!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah I don't think many people want ANOTHER monopose contemptor.

Reactions: neferhet and ntaw

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Mmmm, iron armor. *drool*

·
Registered
409 Posts
The speculation about this box is driving me nuts! I'd prefer if it's all MK III and Tartaros, but I've seen talk about Sisters of Silence and Custodes in there as well... Please just be a ton of mk III marines, that would be another instabuy for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts